ANGRY WITH THE LAST SEAS0NPASS VERSION !!!

robby is not about a “spoon feed” is just for prevent too many issues many peoples make a mistake like me when i really i download the last version when i was thinked that last version will work with old version including the last one but the seasonpass dont detect the last ios is installed in the ATV, they download the last ios and there come the problems… but evry seasonpass version is for one specific ios version so that what i didnt know it before… but i learned that now after the mistake but i think for prevent just have to set a backup of shsh blobs automatic that all my suggestions. :slight_smile:

So you guys…  You come to the site and want to jailbreak your Apple TV.  So of course you find the location to download the latest MAC or Windows version of seasonpass, which is in support under jailbreaking 101 - Seas0nPass (see first screenshot).  Of course you guys aren’t idiots (hmmmm), and your read the text on the page, and see a link to “saved firmware signatures”.  So you click on it and see the second screenshot.  You read it, and realise that this is written in a way that everyone can understand.

Guys you want a gentle nudge, I say RTFM!!!

[[wysiwyg_imageupload:390:]]

[[wysiwyg_imageupload:389:]]

Cavey thanks for the reply but that is not the problem cause many peoples download the last seasonpass in many websites without the official one, and i know they have to read before but many peoples download the last seasonpass thinking that will fix with the old version without reading the lines to use a old version, just more erasy to prevent to make a automatic save shsh blobs. :slight_smile:

Why would you download a FREE  product anywhere than the developers site??  If you download it from somewhere else it could be full of Malware (trojans, etc).  Downloading 101, you would never download iTunes from any other site than Apple, so why would you not do the same here?  Anyone who does what you suggested are idiots, period!

Also installing the latest version of a hacking/jailbreaking tool without reading what the new features/bug fixes will do to your Apple TV, is again the most absurd thing to do.

To say you are angry at people who have provided you a FREE product is crazy.

I personally hope that it has been a HUGE learning curve for you.

My Suggestion is not idiots is IMPORTANT if you dont agree then stop posting a comment when you really think you are the master of JailBreak Stuff is not my problem peoples are trying to starting learning to jailbreak like millions of peoples so stop talking a ■■■■ because that is not a idiots suggestion is just for prevent for not lose the device or waiting for new JB for new ios then have to make a smart program for save shsh blobs. that all my humble words :slight_smile:

u2pop, cavey is what in known in the internet world as a troll. He just keeps posting the same unintelligent information over and over again based on his lack of empathy for others. Just today I saw ANOTHER post of someone who accidentally upgraded to 5.2.1 and asked “can I downgrade again?” Luckily, the moderator who answered that was polite and merely responded with a “Not without saving your blobs first.”… not even a hint of calling the poster an idiot.

I have to agree that there should be something more as far as saving blobs go. The Jailbreaking 101 page isn’t enough to get people to save them. If anyone reads through the first page of these forums they’ll see probably no less that 40 people in the last two weeks that have been told, or at least figured out, that they should have save those blobs first. If that makes them/me (an) idiot(s) then so be it, it really only proves that the way it is is not foolproof.

I don’t know how to say it better than that, I’m probably wrong in the eyes of many.

p.s. let’s try to keep the thread non-combative.

Carpenter940 very good observation hope i am not the only one rookie :slight_smile: and let see what they will do the moderator for add that option in the seas0npass for save shsh blobs.

With reference to the last 3 posts.

1.  I didn’t call anyone an idiot with reference to jailbreaking.  If you READ my post properly, you would see I was talking to people downloading free software from anywhere other than the developers website, as it would potentially contain Malware.  I personally believe that to be useful advise!!!  I also didn’t single out anyone, and referred to anyone in the world who did that.  Nothing to do with jailbreaking.

2.  You state that you provided humble words.  Look at the title of your topic!  Then READ the first post again.  You are blatantly having a go at people who give up their spare time to provide you with a free product, and all you can do is swear in the first post.  I don’t call that humble words!!!

3.  You say I’m a troll.  Well if the READ the posts by others in this topic you will clearly see they are also annoyed with you for having a go at the developers when in fact it’s your own fault.  So are you calling everyone else in this topic a Troll?

4.  Reference your troll comment again, if you READ other topics, I have also clearly stated that you can’t downgrade from 5.2.1 without saved blobs in a polite manner.  Why have I and others done it in a polite manner, because the authors of the other topics haven’t had a shit fit, and thrown all their toys out of their prams, blaming the developers.

5.  You also state that I think I’m the master of jailbreaking.  Firstly I have never jalibroken an Apple TV yet, nor claimed to.  Secondly, I know what I know because I have done plenty of READING before trying to undertake any jailbreak.

6.  You say that the jailbreaking 101 isn’t enough!!!  OK…  Then you guys follow it up by saying it would be nice if they simply added a feature to save SHSH blobs within Seas0npass.  Well if you READ the first STICKY topic within the jailbreaking forum, they have done this almost a week ago!!!

7.  You state “let’s try to keep the thread non-combative.” Yet within the same post you call out an individual as a troll.  Talk about hypocrisy!!!

So in conclusion, do you both see a common theme here???  You both need to READ more before chastising other people who have provided you with a free tool.  None of this would have happened, if you weren’t so hot headed, and had simply and politely put in a development request, without swearing repeatedly throughout your narrative.

It angers me when people complain about FREE software, if you don’t like it, don’t use it. If you do like it or want to complain, donate! This I can safely assume you didn’t do. Or alternately if you don’t like it make your own superior software :slight_smile:

Constructive critisim is always good but sadly, I agree with the above poster, that is not what this is.

If you to be spoon fed instructions, pay someone to teach you or do the jailbreak for you. University isn’t free, why should this be held to a higher standard.

Hot headed complaints such as this about FREE software, work, anything, only lead to frustration and anger with the author which leads to them abandoning the project. You are essentially a hobo at a soup kitchen complaining the soup doesn’t meet your refined palet and you deserve better… I’m sure they would love to tell you to GTFO

As for saving blobs and such, as you can see there have been many versions of seasons pass, many of which don’t need the blobs. I agree what you are asking would be nice for rookie jail breakers but again as a free software asking them to invest more time out of the goodness of their hearts to spoon feed those who don’t want to research is a bit unrealistic as the need to save blobs changes regularly. Also saving the blobs and that restore requires you use software they DIDNT make so why should they be forced to teach you?

If you don’t like ifaith and it’s lack of instructions go complain to ih8sn0w, he won’t be afraid to tell you to FO

IMHO

FIRST OF ALL I DONATE 2 TIMES SO DONT TALK ME ABOUT DONATE AND I KNOW IS A FREE I AM JUST SAYING IF CAN BE POSSIBLE TO ADD THE SUGGESTION I MENTION FOR SAVE THE SHSH BLOBS THAT ALL SO PLEASE DONT LOSE YOUR TIME TELLING ME WHAT TO DO. THANK YOU.

you guys need love B-)

UPDATE: We’re planning to add a prompt to backup signatures in the upcoming version. This will allow one-click saving of iFaith signatures the first time Seas0nPas is opened, which should help avoid situations like the OP found himself in.

James says the programmers are giving love, thank you programmers and thank you Anuar2082 for your concern.

Thanks! James for listen our suggestion God Bless You :slight_smile: big huges.

No problem. We love suggestions…maybe just a little more subtle next time. ;)

hi there U2pop if iam allowed to suggest too, maybe those inappropriate words   should now be removed or edited to something more polite , iam sure you’ve cooled down now. :slight_smile:

yeah that true is just i hate peoples talk me like i am a child like i dont have participation or thinking i am disturbing moderator/staff is just giving a suggestion and yes i got ■■■■■■ off that why i put that topic of this forum for they understand what happened with me and if you figure out many ppls are having problem without saving shsh blobs but finally james will add the featture option on the next version :slight_smile:

Hi all, new guy here.

i came to this forum virtually to say what this guy said (albiet in a much more polite manner).

Tonight went to jailbreak my mums atv2, having been through the process a while ago with mine i thought it was simply a matter of downloading Seasonpass and letting it do the IPSW download/install business…So i googled it, did a little reading, saw the process was virtually the same still so just went ahead with it.

Of course, SP downloaded the 5.2.1 firmware before jailbreaking so now it seems my device will only run a tethered Jailbreak, woe is me.

So, I second the suggestion to make it MUCH MUCH clearer that the software will render your device TETHERED only permanently, if it downloads the 5.2.1 firmware to use and you have not saved your blobs. (edit - seems this is going to happen. cool)

finally, Can anyone tell me when we can expect an UNTETHERED 5.2.1 Seasonpass jailbreak?

I have seen no indication from anyone in the jailbreaking community that they think an untethered jailbreak is imminent. I suspect it could be months.

No one talks to you like youre a child because of your suggestions, its the way you phrased your “suggestion” that is offensive to people. There was no need for profanity or an angry rant. For example at a restaurant if you were served the wrong meal you could say “excuse me miss/sir my meal is incorrect, i ordered …, please can you get this changed, thank you.” or you could run in like a bull in a china shop and say “hey ■■■■■, my mother ■■■■■■■ meal is wrong, what the ■■■■ is wrong with you? are you ■■■■■■■ retarded? get this fixed before i ■■■■■■■ snap! Now leave my sight, you sicken me.”