An error occurred when play videos

I used an iMac (27-inch, Mid 2011) to shared videos,then i used infuse pro to load this video. It seems fine when start playing the video, but an error occurred when loading the content. I had updated the latest version 4.0.2 on my Apple TV 4. Use smb to connect. I tried several times but it will stop at 4-7 mins when playing the videos.Wish some can give me some suggestion for my settings.
PS: It is strange when I see the smbd process stop upload. I don’t know why.
My device: iMac (27-inch, Mid 2011) ,Airport Extreme AC

Update: Thanks for pederl.1988’s sugguestion. I have tried connect via FTP, everything goes fine. But I am using OS X Server 5.0 to set up FTP server. Hope it will be useful for other user.

Same Issue here, since update the latest version 4.0.2. Any movie or TV-Show just stops to different playtimes and present an error. I stream from my Apple Time Capsule and with version 4.0.1 all was perfect but now. It’s very disappointing.

“Sorry for my bad english, i am from germany.”

I have the exact same issue with the videos from my MacBook Pro (Mid 2014) share. (However, the videos from Airport Extreme HD play properly, without interrupting)

Have you tried reconnected the shared volume, will it be better?

Did you check “smbd” process in Activity Monitor ( It will be in Utility - Activity Monitor) , will it stop uploading when your video played for 4-7 minutes?

Having the same problem, im using time capsule and imac. Also, when im playing videos from imac, sometimes video stops but audio continue play.

Have you tried reconnected the shared volume, will it be better?[/quote]

I will try it. I hope it will help!

For those streaming from a Mac - are you using the built-in SMB version provided with OS X, or a 3rd party version (as recommended by some other players).

FWIW, Infuse should work just fine with the stock SMB version, and we haven’t done any testing with other implementations.

HA! James lives!

Im using the built-in SMB. I have some problems. I thought they were solved after i deleted and added my shares again. But lately they are up again. Today i watched a movie and it happened three times that the playback stopped with that error message.

I will try it. I hope it will help![/quote]

No, it doesn’t help at all! The error is still there.
I would love to go back to 4.0.1 but there is no way back,or!?

What is your mac os x version?Mine is OS X 10.11.2,did u check the activity monitor whether the “smbd” process stoped uploading after serval minutes?

Thanks for your reply, James. I used OS X 10.11.2 and the build-in smb version is SMB3 I think, I tried reconnect and rename the shared folder and download the small size video to test, the error message will also appear. Then I changed another old mac MacBook Air (Late 2008) with OS X 10.11.2 and tested streaming video, unfortunately, the problem still. Hope there is improve with smb streaming, I like your software. Thanks.

I will test with Airport Extreme HD, hope it will be better~ Thanks~

No, it doesn’t help at all! The error is still there.
I would love to go back to 4.0.1 but there is no way back,or!?[/quote]

What a pity, I will give some other suggestions if I test will improve this kind of error. Thanks for your reply.

It must have something to do with how infuse handles smb on mac, because i only have those problems with smb shares on infuse, not with other apps.

I agree - it must be something with Infuse app. I have the same problem.
I have two locations added, both from my Macbook Pro (Mid 2010) with OS X 10.11.2. I’m using SMB provided with OS X (I think it’s SMB 3).

When I’m using same SMB protocol to connect my Mac from Raspberry Pi with Kodi, everything works just fine.
Is there any simple way I can provide stack trace or logs, so you could fix it?

same problem :frowning:
sharing from mac mini via SMB. signal strength in network in settings is full on. no problems streaming internet content via same wifi connection…
any suggestions for troubleshooting?

Streaming via SMB from a Mac seems to be a common problem. I switched to FTP streaming from my Mac Mini, and all my playback problems went away. It’s worth a try.

Mac OSX has a built-in FTP server, you just have to enable with a single terminal command.

hi zombie
will connecting via FTP like you describe be better than connecting via the built-in SSH and SFTP?
is there any difference, do you know?