"An error occurred loading this content"

As mentioned in this topic:

I’ve also been seeing this a lot recently, but I don’t use Google Drive.

It started a few versions ago (AppleTV version).

Before, I would see the error very, very rarely. For example, if the network actually went down.

Now, intermittently, I see if when the app resumes from background. The screensaver has kicked-in, and then dismissed. After using the task switcher to return to infuse.

My setup is wired gigabit ethernet to NAS drives. It seems uncorrelated with network usage, and I usually see it when playback isn’t currently happening.

Rarely an evening goes by without me seeing it more than once!

Do you have the MAC address of your server included in the share info? That has helped a few folks with connections issues.

I came across that suggestion whilst looking for a solution.

I’ve just added it, will see how things go from now.

Thanks!

If you pause a movie and task switch out of infuse I believe Apple kills the connection to your SMB share which means you won’t be able to resume unless you resume playback from the main infuse screen.

JarvisMeier,

Thanks for your reply.

Whilst there are certainly more restrictions on what can be done in background, that is irrelevant here. Firstly, it is happening in other circumstances that don’t involve leaving the app. Secondly, when switching back to the app, you’d be able to reestablish the connection. Infuse has a ‘Resume Playback’ setting, and it does remember progress between sessions.

:confused:

Bringing this topic back up…

I’m also having this same error message after about 15-20mins of playback. My movies(.mkv files) are on an external HDD connected to Asus Router on USB3.0. On Infuse pro 5.9.6(2484) ATV4K. Shared via UPnP media server. Tried connection over SMB and same thing happens.

Previously it was fine. The only thing was that I changed router, both being Asus. It has no problem reading the files and metadata, just that the error problem pops up after 15-20mins or so of playback. After that playback cannot start again. I have to restart the ATV4K and then I can resume playback but the same thing happens again after 20mins or so of playback.

Please help!

Have you checked the lease time?

I suspect that your new router is more aggressive in sleeping the disk if it is not accessed and it is not spinning up fast enough when Infuse attempts to resume reading more of the file. Infuse appears to handle this case when initially connecting to a source, but not when it is resuming a previous operation.

By default Infuse now reads a large portion of the file into a cache, which is usually good to prevent buffering glitches, but in your case this may mean that the time between reads from the video file are longer than the sleep timeout of the disk attached to your router.

It might be worth changing the Settings -> Streaming Cache setting to see if that makes a difference.

Alternatively, see if there is a setting on the New router to increase the disk sleep timeout.

Another question is what do you have your “Streaming Cache” set for?

I’m sorry how do I check this?

Streaming cache I’ve tried both Auto and Legacy…same problem

I have set the USB HDD Hibernation mode to “Off” so it doesn’t sleep at all.

You’ll have to go to the user manual for that specific model number and look for instructions on how to check and change the address lease time.

A quick google check showed this page with what may be generic help

Setting the disk hibernation to off may also be the answer. Only testing will tell.

Thanks for this! When I changed my router, I took a photo of all the settings and made sure I had them all the same when I put in the new one. As both are Asus routers, the settings GUI were similar. On the old one, I did not have to “Enable DHCP Server”. So the settings were exactly the same.

And I have set the disk hibernation to “off”.

Been testing all day with different settings and all came back with the same error.

I tried UPnP and entered my router’s MAC address in the “Advanced” section. Error pops up during playback.

Tried SMB again. I could only use Legacy mode as setting to SMB1/2/3 creates an error. Again the error pops up during playback.

Same goes for FTP mode.

Tried Streaming Cache in both “Auto” and “Legacy” and still error pops up during playback.

Speedtest shows an average of 600Mbps so I suppose that isn’t the problem.

At this point I really don’t know what else I can try. Tested so many settings with different mkv movie files and all the same error during playback.