"An error occurred loading this content"

I just scanned my library and it found one new episode. It is identified correctly and placed in the Recently Added pile. A few clicks later and I expect the show to start. Instead In am greeted with this message. A next click does play the file…

Why does this keep happening?

What type of device are you streaming from?

For the share settings, are you using a fixed IP address or the device name (EG My-NAS.local)?

Sending in a report from your Apple TV and opening a support ticket may help us track down what’s going on as well.

I am streaming from my MacMini which has a bunch of external hard discs connected through a USB 2 hub. I guess I am connected via device name as my network is DHCP.

What I don’t understand is why it handles the refresh correctly, fails at starting the content and then works as expected. All within the space of 1 minute after refreshing.

I will send a report

I often experience the same thing and what I found out is that when you first start infuse and immediately go to a share what’s happening is that the drives are spun down and Mac asleep you will get the error. Then when you try the second time the drives have spun up and the mac is awake. For me, it only seems to occur when I first start infuse and immediately select a favorite, if I start Infuse and then instead of clicking on a favorite I go to the settings >library and see if the scan is “in progress” or if it’s “pending” then go back to the home screen and try a favorite it seems to work error free. I seem to get the favorite the first time if I just start infuse and wait 1 to 2 minutes before I select a favorite.

It appears that Infuse needs about a minute or two on start up to do housekeeping and for the attached server to wake and get the attached drives spun up and ready. I have 4 external drives on a USB hub on an iMac (2017) and also a WD MyCloud.

I will say that with the latest release (5.6.8) it seems to be a bit better but that could be wishful thinking on my part. I’m waiting for the .9 release that has the new SMB code.

I would get that too (even with plex) and I worked out, for me, it was when an external drive were in a power saving sleep mode and needed to wake in order to serve the content.

That would mean it falls asleep within a minute after refreshing… I would be very surprised if that were the case.

I don’t know the reason to get this message but when I get it IT RUINS THE FILE. THE FILE GETS ERASED. SIZE = 0 BYTES
This is so weird and shouldn’t happen…

any solution?
Thanks

Which version of Infuse are you using?

Hi,
Thanks for replying.

I have Infuse Pro 4.3.7

Unfortunately this is related to a bug/quirk in macOS High Sierra, but was resolved with the new SMB implementation which was added in Infuse 5.6.9.

If you are interested in upgrading to Infuse 5, you can receive special upgrade pricing. More info on this can be found here.

Ok, thanks.
I hope this will indeed resolve the issue.
I guess I will have to upgrade