Quick synopsis of what happened to my Plex installation on my AppleTV 2… :
- Bought my Apple TV 2 on launch date
- Installed Plex the day it was available to be jailbroken, and the tutorials where posted. Everything worked beautifully.
** status: ver 4.0, jailbroken, installed Plex thru ssh, no errors, worked on first trial.
- A friend of mine purchased aTV Flash (black) for AppleTV 2, and insisted i tried it. Figuring i had a SHSH copy of my 4.0 installation, i could always reinstall…
- Install aTV on top of my jailbroken AppleTV2, without removing the previous installation of Plex
- Plex loads up, and doesn’t connect to my Media Server… doesn’t even see it.
- Uninstall Plex, and ReInstall plex thru aTV Flash.
- Plex loads, and can see the server and its content.
- Try loading any film, “An error occurred loading this content. Try again later.” shows up on screen immediately.
** status: ver 4.0, jailbroken, installed aTV Flash, Plex not working.
- Decide to restore to original 4.0, and reapply jailbreak, and install Plex by SHSH.
- Get error about “W : GPG error: http://apt.awkwardtv.org ./ Release: The following signatures couldn’t be verified because the public key is not available: NO_PUBKEY 89711CE585F73AB5” and found fix here
- Continue with installation, Plex loads up. But get the same “Try again later.” error.
** status: ver 4.0, jailbroken, Plex thru ssh, doesn’t work anymore.
I tried 20x, doing different things each time, nothing!
Plex works fine on my MacBook Pro, connecting to my Media Server. Even my iPhone 4 works fine… just not my Apple TV 2 anymore.
If someone would please help me out. i Loved my Plex installation, and changed my whole media server setup around Plex… and now, it doesn’t work anymore…
Confuzed One - with a broken heart…