An error occurred” “access denied” after Mac Big Sur update

All the settings are correct and unchanged but still I get “access denied”.
my other (older) MacBook Pro doesn’t have these issues.
Settings are the same on both computers.

I guessing you’re talking about the Big Sur update being on the Mac which is serving your files to Infuse.

One other recent OS update stopped the sharing and people found that if you turned off file sharing on the Mac, restarted and then turned file sharing back on it fixed things. Maybe the same for Big Sur.

Too bad, it did not work. It was a good idea though. I did what you suggested, and also restarted and rebooted ATV, and infuse, but no luck. Also switched off all the protection that Command-R could provide. Nothing seems to work.

The strange thing is that I upgradet two MacBook pro’s one 2015 and the other recent 2019. The 2015 Mac doesn’t have this problems, and connects smoothly. The 2019 Mac is not able to connect and gets “Acces denied”, whatever I try. Comparing both doesn’t solve the problem. In this case possibly because I don’t know where to look.

To be even more specific, Infuse makes the connection with the drive, but as soon as I try to open a drive or a folder, I get “Acces Denied”. The access is provided in the “Sharing” folder as well as in the information window of the drive. Weird.