Allow per-library and per-folder inline sorting

Sorting can only be defined in the settings. Doing so means all libraries and folders adhere to that one configuration. I want to be able to open any library or folder and define a sort while I’m actually looking at the content. Additionally, this sort will be remembered on a per-library and per-folder basis.

14 Likes

Agreed! Sorting should be a folder by folder setting, not a global setting.

For example, I want my “TV Shows” folder to be sorted by release date, my “Movies” folder to be sorted by date added, and my “Workouts” folder to be sorted alphabetically by name.​

3 Likes

I was just about to make a post about this. There is a couple of things preventing me from trying to use Infuse as my playback app for Emby and this is a major one. I don’t want to have to resort each time I go into a different library.

Like, the upper level folder is sort by date and its subfolder I can use sort by filename.

Thanks.

Firecore team, I would my Folders to have different sort orders.
For Example Movies folder sorted by date & the TV shows folder sorted by Filename.
If not Custom Sort Order is specified the Global sort order is applied.

3 Likes

Welcome to the forum!

You can do those sorts now. For the movie by release date go to “Library” > “Movies” > Long press on “By Release Date” and then select “Add to Favorites”

That will add a favorite folder on the home screen that displays your movies by release date.

For The TV shows go to “Library” > “TV Shows” and long press on “All TV Shows” then select “Add to Favorites” that will give you a favorite folder on the home screen that displays all of your TV shows by name.

Hi,
How about a custom sort for a folder within the movie folder? As an example, I have a folder for Marvel Movies. I only want that folder sorted by release date and the other movies by default. I don’t want to add a favourite for Marvel on my home screen. Just my own custom folders (Marvel, James Bond etc.). So when you open the Movies folder, the embedded folders are custom sorted.

People asked for this many times this with no reaction, still no option to change folder to list mode per FOLDER and to sort.

This is one of the standard option in all file manager I don’t get this … really i don’t get.

1 Like

tvOS infuse here. I set the date order, but in some folders like TV, I want it sort in the name.

I wonder why such basic features still missing in 2021…

Thank you.

2 Likes

I had given up on this, everyday I just have to keep opening the setting to change the sorting order every time I need to switch folders from Movies to TV.

I like my Movies sorted by date & my TV shows sorted by title.

Firecore TVOS team could you open-source it :wink: , so I can send a PR. :rofl:

Sorting by date or name is great, setting a default and then being able to override that default and set it by folder is ideal.

This is a feature request which I’m not sure if someone had already brought up or if it’s in the pipeline. Currently sorting by title, file name, release is a global option however I would love to have the flexibility to override the global option at a folder level when browsing via the files section on iOS or the favourites in tvOS. Not sure if it’s just me that sees the benefit of this but I think it would be really useful.

2 Likes

Moving to suggestions.

Now that Infuse sorts TV Shows properly by ‘release date’ when you select that option, I’m missing being able to have my Movies sorted by release date, and my TV Shows sorted alphabetically.

Could Infuse have separate sort order options for TV Shows and Movies, instead of having to choose 1 setting for both?

I moved your post to a thread requesting this feature.

Don’t forget that you need to click the like button on the first post in this thread to show your support for this suggestion! :wink:

1 Like

I like having my Movies by Release Date and TV by Alphabetical. Perhaps we could have one sort order setting for Movies and one for TV Shows? I don’t use Other, so whatever general consensus is.

4 Likes

I moved your post also to a thread for independent sort selections. :wink:

I have set the default Sort to ‘Titles’, which works great for movies and TV shows. Other content, like cartoon collections, might be better if sorted by date. Is there any way to do this? I’m just mounting SMB shares, no Media Server used.