All I see is the Apple logo

I’m sorry, aTV. I know you’ve been corresponding with me via email, but I think it’s good for me to post this here. The following is what I experience when attempting to upgrade my AppleTV using the aTV Flash:

[list=1]
[]create the patchstick, no problems reported[/]
[]update my AppleTV to the latest version[/]
[]unplug AppleTV, insert patchstick, plug in AppleTV[/]
[]the installation proceeds, I get the message that everything worked[/]
[]unplug the AppleTV, remove patchstick, plug in AppleTV[/]
[]I see the Apple logo. hooray! I see the opening animation![/]
[]…I see the Apple logo…[/]
[]…I see the Apple logo…[/]
[]…[/]
[]…still see the Apple logo…[/]
[/list:o]
The Apple logo never disappears, and eventually I have to do a factory reset. I’ve now gone through this process at least 5 times, and it’s an extremely long process if you include the reset.

So, is this new release supposed to fix these problems?

edit

ps- I’ve also tried three different flash drives, including one recommended by aTV, and I’ve experienced the same behavior from all of them…

Sorry for the trouble.

1. What operating system are you using?
  2. Do you receive any errors during the flash drive creation process?

The creation was done on a Mac running OSX. I’m unsure of the version, but I’m reasonably certain it was Leopard. I received zero errors at any step of the process. Everything went precisely how the instructions said it would, right up until the very last step of “the software will automatically finish installing” after the last reboot. I await the new software release…

Created Patchstick following instructions. Completes but Apple TV doesn’t boot from USB. Terminal log reports error when copying files to the patchstick. Note the repeated :“cp: cannot overwrite directory”

Please help.

From Terminal:
Last login: Tue Jul 1 23:36:55 on ttys000
Macintosh:~ janelle1015$ cd DESKTOP/ATVFLASH3-0
Macintosh:ATVFLASH3-0 janelle1015$ sudo ./createPatchstick
Password:
Sorry, try again.
Password:

— aTV Flash Version 3.0—

by Apple Core, LLC

Listing available disks:
/dev/disk0
#: TYPE NAME SIZE IDENTIFIER
0: GUID_partition_scheme *298.1 Gi disk0
1: EFI 200.0 Mi disk0s1
2: Apple_HFS Mac HD 297.8 Gi disk0s2
/dev/disk1
0: Apple_partition_scheme *685.7 Mi disk1
1: Apple_partition_map 31.5 Ki disk1s1
2: Apple_HFS OSBoot 685.7 Mi disk1s2
/dev/disk2
0: GUID_partition_scheme *122.0 Mi disk2
1: Apple_HFS atvpatch 122.0 Mi disk2s1

Please specify the disk to re-partition as argument one:
./createpatchstick /dev/diskX

WARNING: The disk will be ERASED !!!

Macintosh:ATVFLASH3-0 janelle1015$ sudo ./createPatchstick /dev/disk2

— aTV Flash Version 3.0—

by Apple Core, LLC

Are you sure you want to partition disk /dev/disk2? [yes|no]yes

Partitioning /dev/disk2:
Started partitioning on disk disk2
Creating partition map
Formatting disk2s1 as Mac OS Extended (Journaled) with name Patchstick-root
[ + 0%…10%…20%…30%…40%…50%…60%…70%…80%…90%…100% ]
Finished partitioning on disk disk2
/dev/disk2
0: GUID_partition_scheme *122.0 Mi disk2
1: Apple_HFS Patchstick-root 122.0 Mi disk2s1
Patitions done.
Copying Files…
cp: cannot overwrite directory /Volumes/Patchstick-root/stuff/atvfiles/ATVFiles.frappliance/Contents/Frameworks/AGRegex.framework/Versions/Current with non-directory /Users/janelle1015/Desktop/aTVflash3-0/atvflash//stuff/atvfiles/ATVFiles.frappliance/Contents/Frameworks/AGRegex.framework/Versions/Current
cp: cannot overwrite directory /Volumes/Patchstick-root/stuff/atvfiles/ATVFiles.frappliance/Contents/Frameworks/AGRegex.framework/Headers with non-directory /Users/janelle1015/Desktop/aTVflash3-0/atvflash//stuff/atvfiles/ATVFiles.frappliance/Contents/Frameworks/AGRegex.framework/Headers
cp: cannot overwrite directory /Volumes/Patchstick-root/stuff/atvfiles/ATVFiles.frappliance/Contents/Frameworks/AGRegex.framework/Resources with non-directory /Users/janelle1015/Desktop/aTVflash3-0/atvflash//stuff/atvfiles/ATVFiles.frappliance/Contents/Frameworks/AGRegex.framework/Resources
cp: cannot overwrite directory /Volumes/Patchstick-root/stuff/atvfiles/ATVFiles.frappliance/Contents/Frameworks/SapphireCompatClasses.framework/Versions/Current with non-directory /Users/janelle1015/Desktop/aTVflash3-0/atvflash//stuff/atvfiles/ATVFiles.frappliance/Contents/Frameworks/SapphireCompatClasses.framework/Versions/Current
cp: cannot overwrite directory /Volumes/Patchstick-root/stuff/atvfiles/ATVFiles.frappliance/Contents/Frameworks/SapphireCompatClasses.framework/Headers with non-directory /Users/janelle1015/Desktop/aTVflash3-0/atvflash//stuff/atvfiles/ATVFiles.frappliance/Contents/Frameworks/SapphireCompatClasses.framework/Headers
cp: cannot overwrite directory /Volumes/Patchstick-root/stuff/atvfiles/ATVFiles.frappliance/Contents/Frameworks/SapphireCompatClasses.framework/Resources with non-directory /Users/janelle1015/Desktop/aTVflash3-0/atvflash//stuff/atvfiles/ATVFiles.frappliance/Contents/Frameworks/SapphireCompatClasses.framework/Resources
cp: cannot overwrite directory /Volumes/Patchstick-root/stuff/atvfiles/ATVFiles.frappliance/Contents/Frameworks/SapphireLeopardCompatClasses.framework/Versions/Current with non-directory /Users/janelle1015/Desktop/aTVflash3-0/atvflash//stuff/atvfiles/ATVFiles.frappliance/Contents/Frameworks/SapphireLeopardCompatClasses.framework/Versions/Current
cp: cannot overwrite directory /Volumes/Patchstick-root/stuff/atvfiles/ATVFiles.frappliance/Contents/Frameworks/SapphireLeopardCompatClasses.framework/Resources with non-directory /Users/janelle1015/Desktop/aTVflash3-0/atvflash//stuff/atvfiles/ATVFiles.frappliance/Contents/Frameworks/SapphireLeopardCompatClasses.framework/Resources
cp: cannot overwrite directory /Volumes/Patchstick-root/stuff/atvfiles/ATVFiles.frappliance/Contents/Frameworks/SapphireTakeTwoCompatClasses.framework/Versions/Current with non-directory /Users/janelle1015/Desktop/aTVflash3-0/atvflash//stuff/atvfiles/ATVFiles.frappliance/Contents/Frameworks/SapphireTakeTwoCompatClasses.framework/Versions/Current
cp: cannot overwrite directory /Volumes/Patchstick-root/stuff/atvfiles/ATVFiles.frappliance/Contents/Frameworks/SapphireTakeTwoCompatClasses.framework/Resources with non-directory /Users/janelle1015/Desktop/aTVflash3-0/atvflash//stuff/atvfiles/ATVFiles.frappliance/Contents/Frameworks/SapphireTakeTwoCompatClasses.framework/Resources
cp: cannot overwrite directory /Volumes/Patchstick-root/stuff/couchsurfer/Frameworks/JavaScriptCore.framework/Versions/Current with non-directory /Users/janelle1015/Desktop/aTVflash3-0/atvflash//stuff/couchsurfer/Frameworks/JavaScriptCore.framework/Versions/Current
cp: cannot overwrite directory /Volumes/Patchstick-root/stuff/couchsurfer/Frameworks/JavaScriptCore.framework/Headers with non-directory /Users/janelle1015/Desktop/aTVflash3-0/atvflash//stuff/couchsurfer/Frameworks/JavaScriptCore.framework/Headers
cp: cannot overwrite directory /Volumes/Patchstick-root/stuff/couchsurfer/Frameworks/JavaScriptCore.framework/PrivateHeaders with non-directory /Users/janelle1015/Desktop/aTVflash3-0/atvflash//stuff/couchsurfer/Frameworks/JavaScriptCore.framework/PrivateHeaders
cp: cannot overwrite directory /Volumes/Patchstick-root/stuff/couchsurfer/Frameworks/JavaScriptCore.framework/Resources with non-directory /Users/janelle1015/Desktop/aTVflash3-0/atvflash//stuff/couchsurfer/Frameworks/JavaScriptCore.framework/Resources
cp: cannot overwrite directory /Volumes/Patchstick-root/stuff/couchsurfer/Frameworks/JavaScriptGlue.framework/Versions/Current with non-directory /Users/janelle1015/Desktop/aTVflash3-0/atvflash//stuff/couchsurfer/Frameworks/JavaScriptGlue.framework/Versions/Current
cp: cannot overwrite directory /Volumes/Patchstick-root/stuff/couchsurfer/Frameworks/JavaScriptGlue.framework/Headers with non-directory /Users/janelle1015/Desktop/aTVflash3-0/atvflash//stuff/couchsurfer/Frameworks/JavaScriptGlue.framework/Headers
cp: cannot overwrite directory /Volumes/Patchstick-root/stuff/couchsurfer/Frameworks/JavaScriptGlue.framework/Resources with non-directory /Users/janelle1015/Desktop/aTVflash3-0/atvflash//stuff/couchsurfer/Frameworks/JavaScriptGlue.framework/Resources
cp: cannot overwrite directory /Volumes/Patchstick-root/stuff/couchsurfer/Frameworks/OpenAL.framework/Versions/Current with non-directory /Users/janelle1015/Desktop/aTVflash3-0/atvflash//stuff/couchsurfer/Frameworks/OpenAL.framework/Versions/Current
cp: cannot overwrite directory /Volumes/Patchstick-root/stuff/couchsurfer/Frameworks/OpenAL.framework/Headers with non-directory /Users/janelle1015/Desktop/aTVflash3-0/atvflash//stuff/couchsurfer/Frameworks/OpenAL.framework/Headers
cp: cannot overwrite directory /Volumes/Patchstick-root/stuff/couchsurfer/Frameworks/OpenAL.framework/Resources with non-directory /Users/janelle1015/Desktop/aTVflash3-0/atvflash//stuff/couchsurfer/Frameworks/OpenAL.framework/Resources
cp: cannot overwrite directory /Volumes/Patchstick-root/stuff/couchsurfer/Frameworks/WebCore.framework/Versions/Current with non-directory /Users/janelle1015/Desktop/aTVflash3-0/atvflash//stuff/couchsurfer/Frameworks/WebCore.framework/Versions/Current
cp: cannot overwrite directory /Volumes/Patchstick-root/stuff/couchsurfer/Frameworks/WebCore.framework/PrivateHeaders with non-directory /Users/janelle1015/Desktop/aTVflash3-0/atvflash//stuff/couchsurfer/Frameworks/WebCore.framework/PrivateHeaders
cp: cannot overwrite directory /Volumes/Patchstick-root/stuff/couchsurfer/Frameworks/WebCore.framework/Resources with non-directory /Users/janelle1015/Desktop/aTVflash3-0/atvflash//stuff/couchsurfer/Frameworks/WebCore.framework/Resources
cp: symlink: Versions/Current/Headers: File exists
cp: symlink: Versions/Current/PrivateHeaders: File exists
cp: symlink: Versions/Current/Resources: File exists
cp: symlink: A: File exists
cp: cannot overwrite directory /Volumes/Patchstick-root/stuff/couchsurfer/Frameworks/WebKit.framework/Versions/Current with non-directory /Users/janelle1015/Desktop/aTVflash3-0/atvflash//stuff/couchsurfer/Frameworks/WebKit.framework/Versions/Current
cp: symlink: Versions/Current/Frameworks: File exists
cp: cannot overwrite directory /Volumes/Patchstick-root/stuff/couchsurfer/Frameworks/WebKit.framework/Headers with non-directory /Users/janelle1015/Desktop/aTVflash3-0/atvflash//stuff/couchsurfer/Frameworks/WebKit.framework/Headers
cp: cannot overwrite directory /Volumes/Patchstick-root/stuff/couchsurfer/Frameworks/WebKit.framework/PrivateHeaders with non-directory /Users/janelle1015/Desktop/aTVflash3-0/atvflash//stuff/couchsurfer/Frameworks/WebKit.framework/PrivateHeaders
cp: cannot overwrite directory /Volumes/Patchstick-root/stuff/couchsurfer/Frameworks/WebKit.framework/Resources with non-directory /Users/janelle1015/Desktop/aTVflash3-0/atvflash//stuff/couchsurfer/Frameworks/WebKit.framework/Resources
cp: cannot overwrite directory /Volumes/Patchstick-root/stuff/sapphire/Sapphire.frappliance/Contents/Frameworks/LeopardOnly.framework/Versions/Current with non-directory /Users/janelle1015/Desktop/aTVflash3-0/atvflash//stuff/sapphire/Sapphire.frappliance/Contents/Frameworks/LeopardOnly.framework/Versions/Current
cp: cannot overwrite directory /Volumes/Patchstick-root/stuff/sapphire/Sapphire.frappliance/Contents/Frameworks/LeopardOnly.framework/Resources with non-directory /Users/janelle1015/Desktop/aTVflash3-0/atvflash//stuff/sapphire/Sapphire.frappliance/Contents/Frameworks/LeopardOnly.framework/Resources
cp: cannot overwrite directory /Volumes/Patchstick-root/stuff/sapphire/Sapphire.frappliance/Contents/Frameworks/SapphireCompatClasses.framework/Versions/Current with non-directory /Users/janelle1015/Desktop/aTVflash3-0/atvflash//stuff/sapphire/Sapphire.frappliance/Contents/Frameworks/SapphireCompatClasses.framework/Versions/Current
cp: cannot overwrite directory /Volumes/Patchstick-root/stuff/sapphire/Sapphire.frappliance/Contents/Frameworks/SapphireCompatClasses.framework/Headers with non-directory /Users/janelle1015/Desktop/aTVflash3-0/atvflash//stuff/sapphire/Sapphire.frappliance/Contents/Frameworks/SapphireCompatClasses.framework/Headers
cp: cannot overwrite directory /Volumes/Patchstick-root/stuff/sapphire/Sapphire.frappliance/Contents/Frameworks/SapphireCompatClasses.framework/Resources with non-directory /Users/janelle1015/Desktop/aTVflash3-0/atvflash//stuff/sapphire/Sapphire.frappliance/Contents/Frameworks/SapphireCompatClasses.framework/Resources
cp: cannot overwrite directory /Volumes/Patchstick-root/stuff/sapphire/Sapphire.frappliance/Contents/Frameworks/SapphireLeopardCompatClasses.framework/Versions/Current with non-directory /Users/janelle1015/Desktop/aTVflash3-0/atvflash//stuff/sapphire/Sapphire.frappliance/Contents/Frameworks/SapphireLeopardCompatClasses.framework/Versions/Current
cp: cannot overwrite directory /Volumes/Patchstick-root/stuff/sapphire/Sapphire.frappliance/Contents/Frameworks/SapphireLeopardCompatClasses.framework/Resources with non-directory /Users/janelle1015/Desktop/aTVflash3-0/atvflash//stuff/sapphire/Sapphire.frappliance/Contents/Frameworks/SapphireLeopardCompatClasses.framework/Resources
cp: cannot overwrite directory /Volumes/Patchstick-root/stuff/sapphire/Sapphire.frappliance/Contents/Frameworks/SapphireTakeTwoCompatClasses.framework/Versions/Current with non-directory /Users/janelle1015/Desktop/aTVflash3-0/atvflash//stuff/sapphire/Sapphire.frappliance/Contents/Frameworks/SapphireTakeTwoCompatClasses.framework/Versions/Current
cp: cannot overwrite directory /Volumes/Patchstick-root/stuff/sapphire/Sapphire.frappliance/Contents/Frameworks/SapphireTakeTwoCompatClasses.framework/Resources with non-directory /Users/janelle1015/Desktop/aTVflash3-0/atvflash//stuff/sapphire/Sapphire.frappliance/Contents/Frameworks/SapphireTakeTwoCompatClasses.framework/Resources
Changing Patchstick-root to Apple TV Mode…
Unmount of all volumes on disk2 was successful
/dev/disk2s1 removed
/dev/disk2s1 added

Your disk /dev/disk2 is now unmounted and ready to patch your AppleTV.
Enjoy… :slight_smile:

Macintosh:ATVFLASH3-0 janelle1015$ sudo ./createPatchstick /dev/disk2

Dude…couldn’t you have posted a new thread? This is not at all the same problem I’m having…

I have the same issue. I just puchased ATVFlash 3-0 installed exactly as per the instructions, and it all looked like it was going as planned.

The first time the ATV is rebooted after the apps are installed, the intro video comes on but it’s interrupted midstream and it looks like the ATV reboots one more time. This time, the intro video plays all the way through and then the Apple Logo stays on, and on, and on, and on.

I reset the ATV back to factory default, updated it with the latest software, and tried it again: same exact issue.

Guys, there must be a way to resolve this issue, please advise. I also left your voice mail. Not sure if this is important but I purchased my Apple TV before TAKE TWO came out, so the factory default is the older software, and the update takes it to Take Two, THEN I applied ATVFLASH 3-0.

Thanks,
Alex

I forgot to add that I have a PlatinumNAS and a PS3 on my network.
Thanks!
Alex

This is due to a conflict with the Media Cloud plugin, and some network devices.

A fix is coming in the 3.1 release on Tuesday.

Thank you guys for explaining that it was a conflict with one of the apps, and not blaming the USB stick we were using. I really look forward to the release tomorrow.

Thanks!
Alex