Alexa and Infuse integration??

Hello infuse team. I saw that plex has decided to work together. Is Infuse implementer with alexa or is there any plans to do so? I dont use plex because I don’t want all the server software and all the transcoding issues across devices…But i really want the feature…

Since Amazon developed the Fire media player in direct competition with Apple TV, removed almost all of the Apple products from their site and pulled their Prime video apps from the iOS arena and are just now contemplating re-releasing an amazon prime app I doubt if there is a snowball’s chance of seeing Alexa on an Apple product.

Siri is a far more likely candidate.

Not speaking for Firecore in ANY way, just a guess based on history.

1 Like

Can you explain how you want to use Alexa with infuse ?

Yes i would like to use it like
“alexa open infuse”
“alexa play season 4 episode 10 of prison break”

and you get the picture.
Plex have already made theirs.

and i prefer the infuse part so im curious if whether or now the Infuse team have any plans on integrating this.

i know the “problem” with amazon and apple in the past, but this part can be made by Infuse themselves.

Probably your best and only chance https://home-assistant.io/components/alexa/

Anybody from the firecore team??

Since plex can implement On the Alexa and have it work on all their “plex” devices I would guess there is no Apple/amazon war that could be a brake on firecore/infuse implementation

Any chance of this happening?

Right now the only way to control an apple tv from Alexa, is using some kind of integration software like Home Assistant. So I wrote a script in Home Assistant that sends remote control commands on apple tv, and simply browses to the plex app and opens it. And because Alexa can be integrated with home assistant, I can now say:

“Alexa, open plex” and plex opens on apple tv.

Once plex is open, I can use the plex Alexa skill, and say:

“Alexa, ask plex to play aquaman” and aquaman plays.

The problem is that plex is not as good as infuse. But infuse doesn’t have an Alexa skill.

So my suggestion is:
Please create an Alexa skill for infuse. I really don’t want to have to use plex. :slight_smile:

Thank you.

Do you have any plans on creating n Alexa skill for apple TV?

Thanks

Would this even work? Infuse is a local app and doesn’t have a cloud infrastructure to interface with.

There are ways to make it work I suppose. I am currently doing it with kodi using a 3rd party plugin which connects it to aws lambda functions.

I say “alexa play movie name” or “alexa play tv show name” and it continues from where I left off.

But infuse has a much better and simpler interface, so I prefer it.

Already running here in the Suggestions forum infuse alexa skill

That was a suggestion. I’m actually asking if there are any plans on implementing something like this.

Home automation and alexa are becoming an important part of making every day life just a little bit easier, and a whole lot more efficient. Right now I have a toddler and an elderly person actually using Alexa to see the next episode of their favorite TV show on KODI.

My infuse subscription is paid for another year, but an Alexa skill will be the deciding factor if it will be renewed or not. I want to use Infuse but I can’t because there’s no skill. Hence the question, if there are plans on implementing one.

I’ve seen the plugin for kodi but afaik kodi isn’t available for AppleTV. I’ve checked MrMC and while a plug-in exists on android the same is not true for Apple. It may be technically possible through a jailbreak but I’m wondering if Apple has limitations in place to prevent third party voice platforms from integrating with its products.

I’m not running KODI on Apple TV. I’m running it on a RaspberryPi. I completely removed Apple TV from my Home Cinema. But as soon as there’s an alexa skill for Infuse, the Raspberry Pi is gone.

And currently this isn’t specified for the near future. You can track new features planned here Upcoming Features (updated 2/23/21)

If you want to promote this as an addition to Infuse the suggestion thread is meant to show how much interest there is in a specific desired feature. Also it’s where the discussions get the most traffic.