Airplay without video?

Hi,

Please help, video on my airplay stopped working! I’m streaming from iphone/ipad, audio works okay. IOS devices are running IOS9, ATV2 (black) running Apple TV software 5.3 (6105), ATV Flash (black) 2.6. I’ve got desperate and even tried to restore the ATV (remove the jailbreak) as airplay is my main use for the ATV, but even that is not working… Plugged in via micro USB to Itunes and I get a “Software for your apple TV is not currently available, please update your Itunes” which subsequently also fails, indicating that I’ve got the latest version. Restore on apple TV remote control also fails, “Apple TV update could not be downloaded at this time”, presumably because of the jailbreak…

Anyone help, please?

Airplay of video from iOS 9 devices does not work to an ATV2 running 5.3 firmware (due to changes made in iOS 9). You need to be on 6.1.3 firmware for AirPlay from iOS 9 devices to work.

There is currently a beta (Mac only at the moment) of a tethered jailbreak for 6.1.3 firmware.

[quote=itimpi]Airplay of video from iOS 9 devices does not work to an ATV2 running 5.3 firmware (due to changes made in iOS 9). You need to be on 6.1.3 firmware for AirPlay from iOS 9 devices to work.

There is currently a beta (Mac only at the moment) of a tethered jailbreak for 6.1.3 firmware. You can also restore the ATV2 to standard (i.e. non-jailbroken) 6.1.3 firmware to get Airplay working from iOS 9.

Thanks itimpi - where do I get this jailbreak from and could you please provide the procedure?

“You can also restore the ATV2 to standard (i.e. non-jailbroken) 6.1.3 firmware to get Airplay working from iOS 9”

I’ve indicated that I’ve tried to restore it to standard via Itunes and it also will not work “Apple TV update could not be downloaded at this time” - How to remove the jailbreak then?

Thanks

I just tried this… updated the ATV2 to 6.2.1 [Restore your Apple TV - Apple Support] where airplay worked fantastic, then used the tethered SeasonPass to rejailbreak. This forced the firmware back to 5.3 so I lost airplay again.

I’m pretty sure the FireCore pitch is that an ATV2 can still use “all the features”, like AirPlay, but this doesn’t seem to be the case. I would love somebody to prove me wrong on this…

I just tried this… updated the ATV2 to 6.2.1 [Restore your Apple TV - Apple Support] where airplay worked fantastic, then used the tethered SeasonPass to rejailbreak. This forced the firmware back to 5.3 so I lost airplay again.

I’m pretty sure the FireCore pitch is that an ATV2 can still use “all the features”, like AirPlay, but this doesn’t seem to be the case. I would love somebody to prove me wrong on this…[/quote]
Sounds as if you did not actually jailbreak to 6.2.1 but to 5.3. Did you explicitly select the 6.2.1 option when jailbreaking (the default is 5.3).

I’m using SeasOnPass 0.9.7 on Mac. The only firmware versions I can choose from (in Preferences) are 5.3.1 and 5.0.2.

How do I choose 6.2.1?

Answering my own question, but hopefully it helps somebody else with the same issue. http://firecore.com/forum/topic/13474

Thanks to Firecore support for pointing this out (it’s not immediately obvious in SeasOnPass):