After Jailbreak - Can we Restore old settings and apply to 4.4.4

Had a successful jailbreak (was running 4.3 with atvflash)…I did have issues with my Windows7 attempt, so went to PC running XP which I used on my first jailbreak for 4.3 and had immediate success.

So now that its up and running, is it possible to restore my backup (from yesterday pre jailbreak to 4.4.4) and get my settings back (esp for xbmc  addons) or does restoring the settings totally restore me to 4.3?
I’ve seen it asked by others but kind of hidden in other threads so thought I’d ask here.

thanks in advance…love my atv’s

If you are talking about the Backup->Restore option that is availalbe under Maintenance->Manage Backups, then when you do the restore at alater date all application setting are put to the values as they were at the point you made the backup.

If you are going to re-jailbreak to get onto the 4.4.4 firmware release then it makes sense to make a backup just beofre starting the process, and then use the restore after completing it to get back the application settings as they were just before you started the re-jailbreak.

Awesome - it worked.
Thanks

doesn’t the backup file get erased when the ios software is upgraded and rejailbroken? i would like to upgrade and rejailbreak, but don’t want to lose the backup file i created in settings.

doesn’t the backup file get erased when the ios software is upgraded and rejailbroken? i would like to upgrade and rejailbreak, but don’t want to lose the backup file i created in settings.

No - the backups are stored on and retrieved from a server on the Internet (I believe it is currently one in the Amazon cloud).

sweet, just updated tv and restored from backup. easy!

Hi,

Do you upgrade, re-jailbreak, install aTV Flash, then restore backup? Or is it just upgrade, re-jailbreak and restore backup?

Also, what is the best way to get on to 4.4.4, as aTV Flash disables the over the air update.

Cheers

Dan