AFP Mount - nearly solved - please help!

Hi all
This is my first post - but I have spent days reading around the subject and think I may have got quite close…
I am trying to get my ATV to mount AFP shares (with my Mac).

So far I have …

Run Flash ATV patchstick - which installed Boxee / Nito etc etc.
Ran the Nito Smart Installer
Found a v1.0 OS.dmg and put that in the recovery.dmg - then put modified recovery.dmg back on ATV in users/frontrow/documents

BUT - next instructions seem to want me to re-run the smart installer.
When I do this it gives me the ‘Install Partial or Failed’ screen with a few lines that indicate it knows things are already installed. It doesn’t seem to do / install anything new.

When I check in Nito menu - Network and try to connect to my computer - it tells me that AFP is not enabled properly or is missing essential components … and that Smart Installer with a 1.0 recovery dmg in ~/documents will fix things.

I thought thats what I’d done!

Please help !!!
Thanks in advance
Steve

I have the same error. No luck with a solution. I can’t even get my USB drive to mount.

Exactly same thing over here,

Can’t get this working after several hours of attempts.

A

By default the AppleTV will attempt to connect via the AFP protocol, however most newer AppleTV units will not support this protocol. The SMB protocol can be used in its place by setting up a ‘Manual Share Point’. We have a guide for setting this up at the link below.

http://wiki.atvflash.com/index.php?title=Network_Streaming

If you’re having trouble setting up the share point, let us know and we can help walk you through it.

Note: If you think you have an older AppleTV (purchased prior to October 2007) AFP can be enabled here: http://wiki.atvflash.com/index.php?title=Enable_AFP

I’m having the same trouble, and I don’t have the same options as you show in your walk thru. I’m running Windows 7 with a NAS. When I click on the properties of a specific folder like you show I get the following tabs to choose from:

General / Security / Previous Versions / DFS / Customize

From elsewhere, but follow these instructions. You will need to change permissions on the relevant folders to copy the new files to them.

The files you need are here <edit - link removed> - [color=#BF0000]Please do not distribute these files here.[/color]

Okay, here goes, the files above are from a 1.0 dmg.

from sbin directory…

mount_afp

from System>Library>Filesystems…

Appleshare directory and its’ contents.

Please note - To enable write access of the root account, run the following…

sudo -S mount -uw /
sudo -S touch /.readwrite
sudo -S sync

Copy mount_afp to the sbin directory…

Copy Appleshare directory and its’ contents to System>Library>Filesystems

I did this with Cyber duck, but had to change folder permissions in Terminal then use Cyberduck?

Create a symbolic link from AppleShare/afpfs.kext to afpfs.fs in /System/Library/Filesystems on Apple TV, run the following command…

cd /System/Library/Filesystems
sudo ln -s AppleShare/afpfs.kext afpfs.fs

To then set owner and permissions, run the following…

sudo chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Filesystems/Appleshare
sudo chmod +x /sbin/mount_afp
sudo chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Filesystems/AppleShare
sudo chown root:wheel /sbin/mount_afp
sudo chmod +s /System/Library/Filesystems/AppleShare/afpLoad

That works perfectly for me…

I have the same error. :x