AFP is not enabled properly

Hi

Im trying to connect to my iMac and in the network section I can see the iMac but when I try to connect it says “AFP is not enabled properly or is missing esential components, Smart Installer with a 1.0 recovery dmg in ~/Documents will fit this issue”

Where do I get this dmg and how do I fix it??

I have reinstalled Smart installer but I think the dmg is the issue.

Thanks
Dave

Same Here!

Where do you get the DMG fix?

Did you try http://wiki.atvflash.com/index.php?title=Enable_AFP

per the wiki which I tried to use, enabling AFP doesnt work without the 1.0 dmg which my Apple TV doesnt have.

AtvFlash is starting to feel like the free patchstick where its impossible to get things to work, except I spent $90!!!

Dave

By default the AppleTV will attempt to connect via the AFP protocol, however most newer AppleTV units will not support this protocol. The SMB protocol can be used in its place by setting up a ‘Manual Share Point’. We have a guide for setting this up at the link below.

http://wiki.atvflash.com/index.php?title=Network_Streaming

If you’re having trouble setting up the share point, let us know and we can help walk you through it.

Note: If you think you have an older AppleTV (purchased prior to October 2007) AFP can be enabled here: http://wiki.atvflash.com/index.php?title=Enable_AFP

Has anybody figured this out? I just installed aTV today for the sole reason of being able to access my networked movies. I have painstakingly done every single thing anyone has said to set this up in every forum I have come across. I am starting to think that this is not going to work and am thinking of reversing my transaction. This should not be so difficult. I can find my computer but cannot access files… I can ssh to the apple tv with cyberduck but I KEEP GETTING THESE STUPID MOUNT FAIL errors??? I have done different things and have received different ones… P.S. I also bought my apple tv today as well so it is the new one… no recovery 1 dmg or whatever works… THIS SUCKS!!! help please. thanks in advance, j

Yet another issue I am having also :evil:

Does this software do ANYTHING it promises?

I can see a Paypal reversal coming up also…

From elsewhere, but follow these instructions. You will need to change permissions on the relevant folders to copy the new files to them.

The files you need are here <edit - link removed> - [color=#BF0000]Please do not distribute these files here.[/color]

Okay, here goes, the files above are from a 1.0 dmg.

from sbin directory…

mount_afp

from System>Library>Filesystems…

Appleshare directory and its’ contents.

Please note - To enable write access of the root account, run the following…

sudo -S mount -uw /
sudo -S touch /.readwrite
sudo -S sync

Copy mount_afp to the sbin directory…

Copy Appleshare directory and its’ contents to System>Library>Filesystems

I did this with Cyber duck, but had to change folder permissions in Terminal then use Cyberduck?

Create a symbolic link from AppleShare/afpfs.kext to afpfs.fs in /System/Library/Filesystems on Apple TV, run the following command…

cd /System/Library/Filesystems
sudo ln -s AppleShare/afpfs.kext afpfs.fs

To then set owner and permissions, run the following…

sudo chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Filesystems/Appleshare
sudo chmod +x /sbin/mount_afp
sudo chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Filesystems/AppleShare
sudo chown root:wheel /sbin/mount_afp
sudo chmod +s /System/Library/Filesystems/AppleShare/afpLoad

That works perfectly for me…

I have the same error. :x

The Smart Installer works perfectly for AFP if you manually put recovery.dmg (version 1.0) into the Documents folder on the ATV (I use FUGU before AFP is activated; although it appears that others use Cyberduck).

I just did it for my ATVFlash v4.03 upgrade, and I use NitoTV to access and mount all of my networked hard disks connected to my desktop iMac. I then use ATVFiles to watch the content on these networked disks (I only use NitoTV to watch content where I have associated subtitle files)…

None of these other complicated steps are required…

@MichaelLAX

You are a gentleman and a scholar sir :o)

The fix worked perfectly

Im guessing its one of the .ts files I need to use from your public folder?

Dave

[quote="“gsi095"”]

Im guessing its one of the .ts files I need to use from your public folder?

Dave[/quote]
Someone seems to have “altered” my Public Folder…

message me your email address…

I have copied what I thought to be the recovery.dmg file from a 1.0 ATV, and it still says the same.?

Anychance to grab a REC.dmg off someone who has managed to get it working?

Thanks
Nathan

Hello,

were can I download the 1.0 recovery.dmg. Ican not find it!!

I have still the same problem to activate the afp

By default the AppleTV will attempt to connect via the AFP protocol, however most newer AppleTV units will not support this protocol. The SMB protocol can be used in its place by setting up a ‘Manual Share Point’. We have a guide for setting this up at the link below.

http://wiki.atvflash.com/index.php?titl … _Streaming

I followed all the steps to set up as SMB, everytime i go to mount, i get a message saying “Apple TV Had An Error, Press Play To Restart” or something like that.

Anything?

Which version of AppleTV and aTV Flash are you running?

I’m trying to connect my Time Capsule but the AFP is missing the recovery.dmg, can anyone give this to me?

I have also tried setting up a manual mount however this doesn’t work either. I’m not sure if i’m using the correct Volume Path, but i get the following errors:-

mount_smbfs: no shares found
mount_smbfs: UNC no resp dict, rd=0x0
mount_smbfs: UNC selection out of bonds 1>1

My Time Capsule has backed up my macbook HD which includes the Movies folder that i want to stream with the ATV, can this be done through the backup files on the TC?

I’m a novice to all this so please can someone help?

There is a video that outlines the process for streaming from a Time Capsule at the link below. The Volume Path should match the name of the Time Capsule drive.
http://wiki.atvflash.com/index.php?title=Network_Streaming

I did try following the video demo, however it uses a USB Drive connected to a Time Capsule which seems to work, i want to stream direct from files backed up on to the TC via Time Machine.

When i use the TC name for the volume path it just gives me errors still.

I have managed to get the AFT working and a mount to the TC, however when i use Nito Files it does show the TC but when i select it i go through a number a sub folders but then it freezes up before i get to the Movies folder.

This also happens via ‘Files’ and Movies, however there is a movie.mkv file in there and when i select it it starts playing a i can hear the sound but there is no picture which is strange.

As you can see i’m not getting anywhere fast…please can you anyone help?

Thanks

Stuart