Adjustable time left until 'watched'

Probably true, but why not make it an option? A 2020s CGI-fest might have 10 whole minutes of credits, but older films have no end credits at all! Just a title card saying “The End.”

I moved your posts to a currently running thread in the suggestions forum requesting this feature.

Don’t forget that you need to click the like button on the first post in this thread to show your support for this suggestion! :wink:

1 Like

Same issue here. quite annoying
I vote for a setting/toggle

1 Like

To vote you need to like the first post.

2 Likes

As @Hitsville said, you haven’t voted until you click the lick button on the first post in this thread. :wink:

I watch a TV series where each episode is 2 hrs 13 mins. If I stop watching anytime after approximately 2 hrs it gets marked as “watched.” If it were a movie, that 2 hr mark would seem about right to me, because we’d be at or in the credits when I stopped. Is there any way to change that algo for TV Shows so I don’t miss the final 13 mins or so?

On a related note, I wonder if others think that amount of time between starting a file (pressing enter) and the 5 second or so darkness before it plays, might be a bit too long. Plex takes about a second. An elegant comprimise might lie between 1-5 seconds.

I moved your post to a currently running suggestion thread requesting this feature. :wink:

1 Like

Ha – turns out I do. I never had a problem when I used Infuse only for regular movies and TV shows.

But now I’ve started using Infuse to watch multipart history documentaries on my iPad (like Ken Burns) while I eat a meal by myself or something. I’ll start wherever I left off and stop whenever I’m done with my meal.

And it’s happened at least 5 times in the past month that Infuse tells me I finished the previous episode, when I still had 4 minutes left or something like that! And I’ve got to jump around to figure out exactly where it was that I’d stopped.

So I’d really like a way to turn adjust the time until “watched” down to zero. It’s so important, I don’t mind otherwise manually marking videos as watched, just so Infuse won’t keep losing my place.

Also, should this suggestion be merged with Option to adjust the 'watched' threshold ? They seem to be the same suggestion on the same subject.

1 Like

Good catch! Thanks and done. :+1: