Adjust skip forward/backward seek times

Is there a way in Infuse to adjust the number of seconds that Infuse will skip forward/backward using the skip buttons? Right now, it’s strictly 10 second increments, which is much too little for my preferences, at least when going forward. MrMC allows for this to be tuned to one’s liking. I don’t use Apple’s remote, but rather a Logitech Harmony.

If there is no existing method, then please consider this to be a feature request.

54 Likes

One option you have here is to enable the ‘Chapter Controls’ option in Infuse > Settings.

With this on, Infuse will skip between chapters instead of jumping 10s forward/back.

Yes, I know about and use the chapter controls (mapped to my channel up/down buttons) and they work fantastically. But sometimes I just want to jump ahead through, for example… “uninteresting” parts of a movie/TV show and a full chapter is overkill, but 10 seconds isn’t enough. 30 seconds is the sweet spot for me and others.

1 Like

Got it.

This isn’t available right now, but it’s a reasonable request so I’m moving this over to the suggestions area.

Alongside this suggestion, I would suggest adding an option that allows you to double-tap the left or right side of the screen to advance or rewind the video (10s).
I know you have this option on the buttons, or using the gestures.
But I think with the two-touch option, it’s much simpler for the user.

Still desperately need this feature implemented. The strict 10-second skip forward/backward option is downright anemic. The general lagginess of the skip feature, not to mention the half-second lag on audio resuming (which itself is another issue that needs resolving) makes it that much worse).

1 Like

I noticed the skip forward duration is different on iOS and Apple TV (30 seconds vs. 10 seconds). Is there any rationale behind this? When switching between devices it’s a bit confusing when skipping through something I’m familiar with like a show intro. Just seems like it should be the same on both platforms.

2 Likes

It has been this way for a while but the developers are aware. Possibly this will get updated with iOS/tvOS interface updates for infuse 7

I would die for something shorter than 10s. Like 5s or so. I do a lot of rewinding and 10s is too much time.

1 Like

I am guessing this is because on tvOS, Apple’s built-in player has a default skip period of 10 seconds. There isn’t the same reference standard on iOS. But I agree that it would be best to have them match. Perhaps default to 10 seconds but make it user configurable.

Option to customize the amount of time skips i.e. 5, 10, 15 seconds instead of the fixed 30 seconds for both the keyboards arrows and on screen arrows in macos, ios, and iPados

I moved your post to a currently running thread for this feature.

Thanks!
I hope it gets addressed soon as it is basically a standard feature for nearly every video player out there.

1 Like

I totally agree. Moreover Skip Forward/Backward times are inconsistent between TV and other devices: it should be fixed.

1 Like

Don’t forget that you need to click the like button on the first post in this thread to show your support for this suggestion! :wink:

1 Like

Hello,
Is it possible to adjust time for skip step ?
By default, If not enable chapter control and use touch pad on ATV remote. It will skip playback for 10 sec.

It gonna be better if we can edit for longer like 30 sec, 1 min etc…

1 Like

Am I correct that skip forward is 30 seconds and skip back is 10 seconds? At least it would be nice if they were both 10 seconds.

Welcome to the forum!

Skip is 10s forward and back. The other option for Infuse on Apple TV is to turn “On” Chapter Control and that will skip the embedded chapters. Off is a 10 second skip both ways.

Edit to add:

As munpip214 said below, iOS is different but the link in my post below will get you where you can add your support for changing it to the same forward and back.

Just don’t forget that you need to click the like button on the first post in that thread to show your support for that suggestion! :wink:

On Apple TV. For iOS it’s different

Since the OP didn’t state which platform I specified on ATV for the options in my post. If they want it for iOS then they can add their support here.