Adding files from PC NAS

Hi. I’m having problems connecting my PC as a NAS to my Apple TV 4K. I’ve set up my folders to be shared. My OS is 64 bit Win 10.

Connecting through Network Share if I use My PC name (“DESKTOP…”), stay on SMB protocol, use the current IPv4 address and use my Microsoft username and password I can connect easily and access the folders I keep my video files in. . However as the IPv4 changes every few days, I lose the connection and have to set up again.

I do see my desktop under available shares but can’t see the folders I use for my video files if I connect through that option.

How do I set up a connection that is permanent and allows me to select the specific folders I want to use?

Thanks in advance.
Mike.

Welcome to the forum!

Generally, you can use your PC’s name as the network address (Infuse should default to this when auto-detecting the share). Then, just enter your username/password and you should be able to access all the shared folders you have set on your PC.

Alternatively, you can set your PC to use a static IP address (guide here: https://pureinfotech.com/set-static-ip-address-windows-10/) which would allow you to use the IP to connect today and in the future.

Thanks for the help James. That appears to have done the trick.

Regards
Mike.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.