Added Plex share, but Infuse can't find library on wired ethernet connection with Google Wifi

This feels like a bit of a weird one. I have an Infuse subscription (but I don’t think it matters?).

Here is my working setup:
• Infuse installed on Apple TV
• Plex share set up on Infuse
• Plex server on a MacBook Pro that is connected to my Google Wifi via wireless
• Apple TV connected to Google Wifi via a switch that is direct connected to the main Google Wifi puck/router (the Google Wifi router is directly connected to my ISP’s router/modem).
• Both the Apple TV and the MacBook pro are on the same subnet

So that is my working config. The Apple TV is connected via ethernet → switch → Google Wifi. All is swell.

Here is my broken setup:
• Infuse installed on Apple TV
• Plex share set up on Infuse
• Plex server on a MacBook Pro that is connected to my Google Wifi via a switch that is direct connected to the main Google Wifi puck
• Apple TV connected to Google Wifi via a switch that is direct connected to the main Google Wifi puck
• Both the Apple TV and the MacBook pro are on the same subnet

So that is my broken config. I can delete all shares from Infuse on my Apple TV, then re-add the Plex share (do the Plex-link process). But as soon as I try to access that share Infuse throws an error message on the screen after “Checking connection.”

Any thoughts?

I should have added that I don’t experience the same issue with the Plex app on Apple TV. Just as a reference point.

Also, my Apple TV is the latest 4k gen. Just picked it up a few weeks ago.

If you’re able to send in a report from the Apple TV after you get the error (and post the code here) it may help see what’s going on here.

1 Like

Thanks for that! I submitted the diagnostics and sent the email with code.

As an update: I’ve noticed that if I disconnect my MacBook (that hosts the Plex server) from the Google Wifi network, and direct connect it to my ISPs router, that then I get speeds I would expect on Infuse (almost 1Gb/sec). In that case, the Plex server machine is obviously on a different subnet. However, I would expect it to work whether direct connected to my ISP’s router or direct connected to the Google Wifi router.

I’ve also ruled out the switch being an issue by connecting the Plex server machine directly to the Google Wifi router. Infuse isn’t happy either way.

I got this sorted. I found that when changing networks for the Apple TV (i.e. going from wireless to wired-via-a-switch), that the Network settings on the Apple TV would show the old IP. So I would have to unplug the ethernet cable from the back of the Apple TV and plug it back in to resolve the new IP address. Once I did that, I restarted the Plex server on the machine connected to the same switch as the Apple TV. That seems to have done the trick.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.