Add 'sort title' for videos

Hi all.
I would like to use the online metadata for the movie descriptions, but at the same time I want to sort the movies the way I want to. For example with Jurassic Park I would like to have the following order shown in the library:

1. Jurassic Park
  2. The Lost World: Jurassic Park
  3. Jurassic Park III

I don’t want to use the collections option.
Is there a way to achieve this? If so, please let me know how. :slight_smile:

Sure.

Just switch the ‘Sort By’ option to ‘Filename’ and adjust your filenames to get the order you want.

Note: Jurassic Part sequels have somewhat inconsistent naming, so after changing the filenames you may need to use the Edit option in Infuse to get the correct titles.

Thanx James.
But this is not really an option, since I would have to rename all my filenames then.

Then I think the only way is to use local xml-files and change the titles there.
Is there a way to save all movie info that Infuse downloads for each movie into xml files?
Can I than add a “sort title” to those xmls to get the desired order?
If so, please let me know how to do so.

Unfortunately, I don’t think this will work (and would likely quite a bit more work than renaming files).

Can I ask why you prefer not to use the collections feature? Collections are listed in their own Collections area, as well as intermingled within the All Movies category. IMHO, this would be the best option for a case like this.

Well, it is not only about collections.
I also have many japanese movies which are shown with japanese characters. But then these are listet at the end of the list. For example: アキラ (Akira) is shown after Zombieland in the library. But I would like the movie to be shown in the „A“ area of the library.
So I need the option to add a sorting title.

Got it.

This isn’t supported right now, but I’m going to move this over to suggestions for now.

Thank you. I think it would be a helpful option.