Add files to infuse to Mac

Currently I’m trying to add files to my Mac mini but I’m finding it very difficult to understand pan to do this even though I’ve seen the instructions on your website on this forum I don’t have any clue what it means like what is my Mac address do I use SMB or N FT? I have an external drive hooked up to the Mac mini. I was able to add one show but then when I try adding others it didn’t seem to update even though I was able to watch that one show on the Mac I don’t understand how to hook it up with my Apple TV or my iOS device. It’s very very easy if I have Plex but I don’t want to use that anymore.
I’m new to Mac but not iOS. Are you currently working on something super simple for the super Computer illiterate? There’s got to be an easier way

Are you using Infuse on a Mac, or on a different device?

Infuse for Mac can stream from other sources, or you can add a local folder that would not require any streaming.

If you have these files stored on your Mac and want to stream them to another device (iOS or Apple TV) then you would need to create a network share to do this. Some info on this can be found in this guide.

I can’t follow that info I don’t know what the local address where to find it or how to add it
But I’m using a m1 Mac (my first ever)its connect to a ssd external ( satachi hub )- streaming to tvOs And iPad and iPhone
I can find the Mac mini but since it’s attached to external I can’t find the ssd I really didn’t want to run a plex server but since I don’t know what I doing I have to. My files are shared I checked marked the box I just don’t know what the address is Or the protocol.

Ok, in that case there are a few things to check.

1. SMB is enabled on your Mac (more info here Set up file sharing on Mac - Apple Support)
  2. At least one user is selected under ‘Windows File Sharing’ (as shown under ‘Advanced Options’ in the link above)
  3. The folders/drives you wish to share are added to the list of Shared Folders
  4. Selected username and password are being entered in Infuse

Note: iCloud username/password cannot be used. If you’re using an iCloud ID to log in to your Mac, you will need to set up a new ‘Sharing Only’ user as described here: Set up users, guests, and groups on Mac - Apple Support