Add Dolby Vision mkv/ts support

I uploaded a sample Profile 5 Dolby Vision MKV file (from Index of /download/dvtest) that Infuse 6.5.2 on Apple TV 4K plays in SDR.

Video
ID                                       : 1
Format                                   : HEVC
Format/Info                              : High Efficiency Video Coding
Format profile                           : Main 10@L5.1@Main
HDR format                               : Dolby Vision, Version 1.0, dvhe.05.09, BL+RPU
Codec ID                                 : V_MPEGH/ISO/HEVC
Duration                                 : 56 s 200 ms
Bit rate                                 : 27.7 Mb/s
Width                                    : 3 840 pixels
Height                                   : 2 160 pixels
Display aspect ratio                     : 16:9
Frame rate mode                          : Constant
Frame rate                               : 60.000 FPS
Color space                              : YUV
Chroma subsampling                       : 4:2:0
Bit depth                                : 10 bits
Bits/(Pixel*Frame)                       : 0.056
Stream size                              : 186 MiB (98%)
Language                                 : English
Default                                  : No
Forced                                   : No

The latest Plex on tvOS will trigger Dolby Vision on newer files made with MakeMKV. Is this just fake “DV” that triggers that mode on the TV, or are they doing some trickery to actually get the Apple TV 4K to play these? This is using the latest Plex for tvOS beta. I didn’t test much, but the image did look like “real” DV to me. It would be great if Infuse could add support for these - but maybe it’s not real DV.

Nevermind, looks like this was already answered by James, and Plex is simply forcing the ATV into DV mode: Dolby Vision support .ts/.mkv files - #18 by james

1 Like

Hello!! On the pages of UHD remux in Spain, the first .ts have already appeared with dolby Vision.

The problem is that through Infuse it still does not recognize Dolby Vision (only HDR) but connecting a USB to the TV does recognize them.

I have Tomb Raider and Ready Player One .ts file on Google Drive, if you want I can share the link with you and test it.

I hope this adapts very soon to Infuse !!

If you have a chance to send in a sample, you can upload one here.

Or you can PM me a Google Drive link.

Thanks!

1 Like

PM sent with the links !!

The current 7.3.10 version supports as much Dolby Vision as (currently) possible. A list of the supported types (with fallback order) can be found here in this post.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.