Add compatibility to mega.nz cloud drive

It would be nice to have the option to connect and play movies directly from mega.nz cloud drive. I personally think it is one of the best could drives out there and it would be awesome to have the option to add it to Infuse Pro.

Of course the more the merrier but we need to take into consideration the super encryption level of Mega. I don’t think there is an option to stream file from there. You need to download it and then it decrypts. Probably only their web player can play something in a web browser without decrypting since its on the same server.

There is some way to connect infuse with mega.nz?
I know how to add Dropbox, OneDrive and Google Drive, but I’ve a 50GB account on Mega and I’d be glad to use it with infuse.

If there is no way to do that, could you consider to add Mega as cloud service in infuse?

1 Like

So I’ve just read the announcements page and it says mega.nz support in the 6.5
.x section. Is there any indication to when this will be and how it will work with megas encryption.

I’m wanting to swap to mega for my storage as gsuite is no longer going to be a thing :frowning:

What is the likely hood of mega support as i’ll start moving my files now

Personally, I’d not make any plans on it until it gets into the next release. So many hidden issues that may affect things on “planned” features makes it a coin toss.

I wouldn’t move a thing until it’s closer. Who’s to say that the issues that Gdrive is seeing won’t be shared with mega? I would not be surprised to see that too.

Good point I’ll hang fire until the release. thank you :slight_smile:

Mega is currently under active development. No ETA just yet though.

We’re working to wrap-up a new Mega.nz integration and are looking for a few testers to take it for a spin.

2 posts were split to a new topic: Access beta program

Streaming from MEGA is now available in Infuse 6.5.6.

Enjoy! :smiley:

1 Like

Does it work on apple tv? I can`t see movies from mega.nz on ATV.
It works ok on iPad and iPhone but on ATV there is no Mega NZ cloud service

Yes, like other cloud services the connection will first need to be made on iOS and it will then sync over to Apple TV.

1. Check to ensure you are running 6.5.6 on all devices (scroll to the bottom of Infuse > Settings)
  2. Check to see if the MEGA share appears in on Apple TV in Infuse > Settings > Shares
  3. Check to ensure you are using the same Apple ID for iCloud on all devices (on Apple TV this will need to be the main Apple ID, not a sub account).

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.