accessing files away from home?

Okay, is there a way to use infuse away from home if you have a network attached storage device? I was under the impression that as long as I connected to my server when at home, that infuse would remember the curdentals, and I could still stream my video when away from my home network. Is this not true,? If it is, how do I go about setting it up? Thanks.

What have you done to let infuse find your external IP address, and to connect through your firewall? The normal solution that is reasonably secure is to set up a VPN connection to your home network, and then infuse can access the network just as if it was local.

I opened infuse, selected my NAS, entered user name and pass word, selected my favorite folders, and that was it. Didn’t know I had to setup a VPN just to access files. Guess it’s a good thing I didn’t delete the WD my cloud app, the above process works with it flawlessly

You can not “just” connect from outside your home network. WD My Cloud app is probably something like the QuickConnect Synology. Probably you will need WD My Cloud recover and give it a try. Should / could go.
But certainly VPN functions.

Any chance you can explain how to do this? I have an AirPort Extreme with a Hard Drive connected to it. How can I set up the VPN Server and then how do I configure my iPad to when I open Infuse its like its connected to the home network?

Thank you,

Nuno

Any chance you can explain how to do this? I have an AirPort Extreme with a Hard Drive connected to it. How can I set up the VPN Server and then how do I configure my iPad to when I open Infuse its like its connected to the home network?

Thank you,

Nuno