A/V Sync

Has anyone found A/V sync issues with infuse on ATV4k? Is it possible that for some 4k high bitrate files, that we are reaching the boundary of the processing ability of the ATV4k and so A/V sync issues become apparent?

It’s a bit subjective I realise without figures, but the old popcorn hour am coming from never showed any issues, and recently I have experienced some problems with infuse/atv4k.

1 Like

I’m having some issues myself, I noticed it’s particularly bad with this blu ray rip I made extracting the raw 32bit DTS:X audio, infuse would play fine for a minute or too, then the video would freeze and resume a second later with the audio out of sync
I haven’t experienced this kind of slowdown with other files so far but I have had other times where the audio eventually got out of sync.

It’s rare, but I’ve had it happen, all of them on high bitrate UHD videos with high quality audio (TrueHD or DTS)

If you have a chance to send in a report from your Apple TV we’d love to take a deeper look into what’s going on here.

Absolutely, sending one right away