A few constructive ideas...

Hey!

First thing first, I must say that I am very happy to get back to infuse. Infuse has been my best tv experience back on my jailbroken atv2, but I needed 1080p, so I had to move to something else so I’ve been using mostly openelec/kodi on a minix box in the last couple of years. It’s been a great experience, but I missed the apple tv stability and airplay mirroring.

A few weeks ago I couldn’t resist to get the new Apple TV and now I am back with infuse. Really cool app, gorgeous looking and already really good. I’ve only been using it for a few hours now and I just finished watching my first tv episode using it and I’m really happy so far.

This is a 1.0 version, so I’m sure it will only get better in the future, but here is my very own list of whishes:

• First… the home screen needs to get better. Those huge blank favorites squares are just not nice. I’m no UX expert, but there’s got to be a better way of displaying it. We should at least be able to customize the icons, and maybe also add more than just favorites to the home screen

• Seen / not seen indicator is mandatory on this type of app… I read it’s coming in the next release, so that’s good

• I’m used to be able to have some kind of info button on the remote to be able to just display the remaining time of a video without pausing it. I don’t really care about the apple tv remote itself as it makes no sense to use it if you already have a complete home theater setup so I ditched it rightaway and defaulted to my trusty Harmony One remote. Everything works great, but I miss the info button functionnality. Maybe it’s there, but I couldn’t figure it out yet… just using pause / unpause for now.

• Would be cool to be able to add a favorite when navigating in a folder without having to go through settings

• I though photos / music was supported but apparently not… could be a cool upgrade.

My minix is officially dismissed, so I will be using this more and more in the coming days and I will update this thread with my comments along the way.

Again, thanks for this already great app and keep up the good work!

Totally agree with you!

these are my favs…

• home screen needs to get better
  • Seen / not seen indicator