So… I upgraded (after waiting patiently for a stable release) to ATV ver. 2.3 and ATVFlash ver. 3.4.3. As usual the install and USB Drive creation went without a hitch. I’ve factory restored and reinstalled now a total of 4 times. For some reason, about 80% of my movies that are on my 750GB external drive play with no sound. Nothing, nada, zilch, zero. My receiver says there is nothing there, it will “detect” for a second then say “no input”. Most of these files are encoded with the following attributes:
.m4v container (some .mp4’s are affected as well)
H.264 Video @ 2000 kbps
AC3 (Dolby Digital Surround)
100% of these files played flawlessly BEFORE I updated. I’ve tried playing them using every option available. I’ve checked and double checked that I am allowing AC3 Passthrough where applicable.
Someone please tell me that I am missing something. If I have to wait for yet another update I’m going to freak out! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: