I downloaded the 7.1 update and refreshed all the metadata. Now the show/episode description has disappeared from the majority of my tv shows. And these are famous shows that had descriptions before and they have descriptions on TMDb.
Movies seem to work fine i should add.
It will take a while for the changes to catch up. Especially since you did a refresh. Give it some time and check in the library to see if it’s still fetching metadata.
Okey, i did watch the library to see that i did all the changes and it did, but i’ll wait til tomorrow and see if its back then. Thanks.
If it’s just a few shows you may want to post the series name and an example of how you have the files named in case there’s a problem there.
The cached metadata from TheTVDB should be retained until Infuse has a chance to update titles with new info from TMDb.
However, there are a few cases where a video may be classified as a TV show on TheTVDB, but TMDb has it classified as a movie.
As NC mentioned, if you’re able to provide a few examples of the series name it may provide a clue or two.
You can also try using the Edit option on one of the affected episodes and selecting the series name manually, to see if that helps.
Lastly, check to ensure the ‘Hide Spoilers’ option is disabled in Settings, otherwise Infuse will blur/hide the descriptions for unwatched episodes.
When i scroll through my shows they are all there so I dont think its a problem with wrong classification. And they all have the right amount of seasons and show the list of actors etc. It’s the description and episode names that are missing. Here are some examples:
These are working examples:
The Office (US) (2005) - S04E09 - Local Ad (1080p AMZN WEB-DL x265 LION)
I have 150 shows and I haven’t looked through them all but i would guess at least more than 100 are missing info. And they all worked with tvdb.
I use infuse in swedish if thats important. The edit options didnt help. Hide spoilers is disabled.
Thanks for the info!
It appears this may be a bug in some cases where Infuse is not correctly falling back to English if the selected translation is not available.
We’re looking into this, and should hopefully be able to get it fixed.
Not sure if it was the purpouse but the problem remains in 7.1.1
We’re still working on this particular issue, and hope to have a resolution soon.
3 posts were split to a new topic: Movies missing resolution and runtime
Today’s 7.2 release has a number of improvements in this area.
Please give it a try and let us know if you continue to see any issues.
Thanks for your patience.