5 seconds video stutter after 1 min playback

My setup is Infuse Pro 6.4.2 on an Apple TV 4 (non-4K), the media files are located on a NAS server and a Mac mini 2010 is running Plex Server. Everything is connected using ethernet.

Regardless of the video file I’m playing the video will start to stutter for 5-7 seconds (I haven’t clocked it) after around 1 minute of playback. It happens consistently when I start to play a media file or if I resumes it after it’s been paused for a minute or two. Once these seconds of extreme stutter is passed the playback is smooth for the rest of the media file’s length (as long as I don’t pause or stop it). What could be the issue?

The stream cache is set to “automatic”. I only have 720p/1080p content encoded with x264, no extreme video bitrate, various audio codecs but nothing out of the ordinary. No performance issues on the network or playback issues when using other apps.

Sorry about that.

If you see this again, can you stop the video and send in a report from your Apple TV (via Infuse > Settings > Submit Diagnostics) and post the 5 digit code here?

Here’s the diagnostic code: Y4431

I stopped the video and sent the report after the stutter, around a minute after the last episode I watched had started.