4k ISO 'no files'

Is there a setting to enable playing 4k UHD ISO files? I get a message saying ‘no files found, nothing to see here’. Streaming from Windows 10 PC with SMB. The same files play on the PC (but poorly) with VLC.

Hi, I am streaming from a Mac and a NAS via SMB. Uhd iso are shown directly and play without any problem.
Maybe it’s a windows thing?
I assume, you have the 4K Apple TV.

Yes, using the Apple TV 4K, this is the only reason I bought one.

Can you double-check the share type being used in Infuse? This can be done by browsing to Settings > Share > Share Name > Edit

ISO files will be available via SMB, NFS, FTP, SFTP, and WebDAV, but will not be available when using UPnP, DLNA, Plex, Emby, or Jellyfin.

It’s definitely SMB James. I’m now getting the message ‘An error occurred loading this content’. I’ve tested HD iso and DVD iso files they both play nicely, just not UHD. UHD mkv files play OK too.

Can you send in a report from your Apple TV so we can take a deeper look into this?

Infuse > Settings > Submit Diagnostics

You can post the 5 digit code here.

Yes it’s KDZTC

1 Like

I reported this I think in March (ticket 124641), some ISO files simply do not play, if you extract them or convert them to mkv, they work.

Unfortunately the infuse team apparently has more interest in focusing it’s resources to add features instead of making sure that the current BASIC app features work as intended.

Based on my experience with infuse over last few years I would say the opposite. They tend to work on providing the best performance and playback over adding new features, but you have to add new features also to build your customer base.

This thread is marked as pending so James is looking at it.

1 Like

Hi James, just wondered is this query still open? It’s been a while since I posted it. Thanks.