4.3 Jailbreak without SHSH files

I bought a new ATV today. It had 4.3 on it which apple is not signing anymore.

Obviously I did not have any SHSH files saved in TinyUmbrella because it was new.
Here is how I got it working.
used Ifaith v1.4 to dump shsh blobs
used Ifaith v1.4 to build signed IPSW w/ blobs
renamed the generated IPSW to AppleTV2,1_4.3_8F455_Restore.ipsw
ran Seas0nPass and let it download the stock IPSW
*Here is the trick - the instant it says unzipping paste the Ifaith generated ISPW over the one Seas0nPass downloaded. It took me about 5 tries to get it to work.
Next use iREB r4 to put the ATV2 in pwned dfu (Ifaith dfu did not work for me)
If all went well it will take the jailbroken ISPW.

Good luck with it.
BTW, Nito TV did not show up when I rebooted, but I did have ssh access so I was able to load it that way.

Wait so Apple has stop signing the ipsw files? I tried two days ago and it worked?

Tiny Umbrella says:

[AppleTV 4.3.0 (8F455)] - This device isn’t eligible for the requested build.

Itunes would not load AppleTV2,1_4.3_8F455_Restore.ipsw without doing the steps above.

Just tried this method and it works great.   Just got two new ATV2 on 4.3 followed the steps above for the first, no problems then just used the signed IPSW file to do the second.  One happy Bunny :slight_smile:

P.S Having seen the other posts on here re 4.3, using seas0npass wouldn’t work until I created the signed file, iTunes just failed with an “not eligable for restore” error.

*Here is the trick - the instant it says unzipping paste the Ifaith generated ISPW over the one Seas0nPass downloaded. It took me about 5 tries to get it to work.

Where do you copy the ifaith generated IPSW file to?

I tried to copy it to C:\Users\xxxx\Documents\Seas0nPass\Downloads, but always gets “Access is denied” error. By the time I was able to overwrite it, it appears that seas0npass has already used the downloaded copy instead of iFaith signed ipsw.

I’m using seas0npass 0.3.52.4509.

You could try placing the signed IPSW file in the Downloads folder first then holding shift and clicking Create IPSW; doing so will allow you to select the IPSW. It will not download it from Apple and will use the local one you point to.

I tried that as well but got a “firmware not compatible” error from seas0npass.