3D movies through Apple TV 4

So if I understand correctly, I would have to buy DVDFab and convert my .mkv‘s (with MVC inside) to 4k-3D files in order for Infuse being able to stream it via Apple TV to my 4k 3D TV?

Yes.

Converter doesn’t seem to work - always says:

“The current profile doesn’t support 3D MVC MKV files”

I can try any other setting/profile, always the same… any hint?

You can try this Pavtube ByteCopy for Mac-Backup BD/DVD to Lossless MKV

It’s also possible that 3D MVC isn’t supported on the Mac with the ripper program. Handbrake said they wouldn’t add support as there wasn’t an open source Library that can read MVC.

Thanks - so they list different outputs for 3D:

Output vivid 3D video
Pavtube ByteCopy for Mac can rip 3D Blu-ray to 3D SBS MP4, 3D SBS MKV, 3D SBS AVI, 3D SBS WMV, 3D SBS MOV for Gear VR, Oculus Rift DK2/CV1, HTC Vive, 3D LG TV, etc

Do you know if one of those is working with Infuse + Apple TV?

I use 3D SBS MKV files played via inFuse in conjunction with my 3D capable projector and they work fine. I would expect them to also work with a TV if it supports 3D SBS format but as I do not have such a TV I cannot confirm that.

1 Like

They’ll work however it probably won’t do the auto switch the tv to 3D mode so you’ll have to manually press the 3D button on the remote.

Converter doesn’t seem to work - always says:

“The current profile doesn’t support 3D MVC MKV files”

I can try any other setting/profile, always the same… any hint?

I believe it only works with ISOs or physical discs which is very annoying as I had all of my 3D as 3D MKVs.
I’ve almost finished re-encoding them… 12 hours each (4K, SBS, H265) and some I have to do in Windows as the Mac version sometimes fails.

With the Apple Vision Pro Version, will Infuse also start to support true 3D Blu-ray MKV file playback with MVC?