2 Issues i don't like about Infuse

hello James,

Thank you for this amazing app :slight_smile:
infuse is my favorite app i bought 4 Apple TVs because of it

Issues:

1- Collections is Enabled when selecting All Movies

Library > Movies > All Movies
i think Collections should be disabled when i select All Movies i want to see all the movie titles without grouping it into collection

if i want to see a Collection i can easily go to:
Movies > Collection

make it Optional?

UPDATE:
issue (1) is fixed > collection now is optional :smiley: (Infuse 5.6.4)

2- Alphabetical Sorting is bugged on TV Shows

My current settings
sort by filename
Collection: Off

i noticed infuse ignores word (The) on titles
Example: The Big Bang Theory

infuse listed the tv show on letter: (B)
it should be listed on letter: (T) because the title is (The Big Bang Theory)

yes i know infuse will ignore (The) by design if sorting is set by Title ā€¦ you can fix it change sorting by filename then disable collections

sorting works fine on Folders

sorting works fine on:
Library > Movies

it DOESNā€™T work on:
Library > TV Shows

iā€™m pretty sure iā€™m not the only one who find this issues annoying

share your thoughts

UPDATE:
issue (2) is fixed on Movies only BUT still bugged on TV Shows :frowning: (Infuse 5.6.4)

1 Like

These are two on my top 5 list also.

Their not deal breakers but the option would sure be nice!

1 Like

Itā€™s standard practice to ignore ā€œTheā€ and ā€œAā€ when alphabetising. Firstly, it prevents the A and T sections being cluttered up with hundreds of titles. Secondly, who can remember whether a film starts with ā€œTheā€ or not? Is it ā€œSilence of the Lambsā€ or ā€œThe Silence of the Lambsā€? Is ā€œEvil Deadā€ or ā€œThe Evil Deadā€? Is it ā€œLittle Shop of Horrorsā€ or ā€œThe Little Shop of Horrorsā€?

Alphabetise correctly, ignoring ā€œTheā€ and ā€œAā€, the way everybody always does, and both these problems go away.

Cheers

Tom

While this is all well and good, not EVERYBODY does alphabetize without the first if is ā€œTHEā€ or ā€œAā€. Since a large portion of folks using Infuse are in the Apple ecosystem and as such using the MacOS which doesnā€™t exclude the words ā€œTheā€ and ā€œAā€ when used as the first part of a file name. This adds an additional step to verify the filename does include either of those when having to move them on the server side to maintain folder/sub-directory integrity.

Again this would be a welcome option for some of us and if it was selectable itā€™d be great.

This has nothing to do with Mac vs PC. If you insist on this confusing and non-standard way of doing things, then you can already choose to sort by file name and all of your ā€œTheā€ movies will be lumped together as you bizarrely wish.

A way around the sorting logic would be to switch to ā€˜Sort by Filenameā€™ through Infuseā€™s Settings menu. This should force Infuse to honor the filename even if it includes ā€˜Theā€™.

Iā€™ll pass along your feedback regarding Collectionsā€¦perhaps we can add a toggle setting somewhere.

I apologize if you took it as Mac vs PC. I only referenced the Mac OS because itā€™s all I use. Iā€™m not well versed enough in the windows system to know what they allow for sorting. Thanks for the bread crumb about already having the ability to sort by file name, I had missed that in the settings and I went and dug it out and it fits the bill for when I need to see it that way in Infuse. Instead of thinking of it as being confusing, non-standard, and bizarre I prefer to think of it as ā€œThink Differentā€. :wink:

Yup, now that was an Apple plug but since itā€™s been my chosen platform since my first Mac 512KE itā€™s just second nature. :slight_smile:

For the original poster, if you go into Infuse setting and then under ā€œSort Orderā€ choose ā€œFile Nameā€ things will include ā€œTheā€ as the first character.

James, thanks for looking into having the collections left out of the ā€œAll Movieā€ Library option! When you donā€™t have all of the movies included in the collection it still shows as a collection and then you have to dig to see what movies you have in that group.

Yes! thank you :smiley:

iā€™m afraid that doesnā€™t work my settings has been always on (Sort Order by Filename) i never changed it :frowning: . could you do a test and confirm?

EDIT: see my post BELOW

With the comments about ignoring ā€˜Aā€™ and ā€˜theā€™ in a titleā€™s name, I have noticed that infuse does not actually ignore ā€˜Aā€™ at all. I sort by title and have a whole lot of movies - Time to Kill, Clockwork Orange, Prarie Home Companion all stored under ā€˜Aā€™ because they officially start with that letter. Is this going to be a sort option in future releases of the app or is there some setting I am missing in the app? I personally would prefer to exclude ā€˜Aā€™ from the title sort if possible.

I confirmed it about 5 minutes ago, when set to Sort Order By Filename all of the movies that start with ā€œTheā€ are grouped together and are correctly sorted alphabetically.

sorting works fine on:
Library > Movies

it DOESNā€™T work on:
Library > TV Shows

UPDATE:
issue is fixed on Movies only BUT still bugged on TV Shows (Infuse 5.6.4)

I rechecked again and it works like I said on ā€œLibrary / Movies / All Moviesā€ I can toggle the setting between Title and File Name and it works as advertised.

But, youā€™re correct that it doesnā€™t seem to work on ā€œLibrary / TV Shows / All TV Showsā€

I donā€™t use the library much for TV shows at all but I do for Movies, thatā€™s why I missed it the first time.

From your first post I thought that we were talking about movies only.

ok i figured out what is going on :smiley:

current setting sort by filename

sorting works fine on:
Library > Movies

it DOESNā€™T work on:
Library > TV Shows

UPDATE:
issue is fixed on Movies only BUT still bugged on TV Shows (Infuse 5.6.4)

Thanks for the feedback.

The Fast and Furious collection is one of the main reasons we looked at adding Collections in the first place. Those titles are all over the place. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

When File Name is selected even the collections with the first word of ā€œTheā€ are correctly ordered and are in alphabetical order with all of the other single movies with the first word of ā€œTheā€.

I think all is good and as you said, if we can get the collections out of the ā€œAll Movieā€ library Iā€™d be a happy camper.

Iā€™ve added this last part as a suggestion in the ā€œSuggestionsā€ forum here Remove "Collections" from "All Movies" library so if youā€™re so inclined you can add a +1 there to show support for dropping collections from the All Movies" Library.

both version released and still no update on this :frowning:

Donā€™t give up hope. Firecore has been busy squashing bugs and giving the iOS version a bit of attention too. Iā€™d bet that getting the option to list all movies with the listing of the individual movies you have in collections is still on their radar.

Maybe for 5.6 :wink:

any update on this?

UPDATE:
issue (2) is fixed on Movies only BUT still bugged on TV Shows :frowning: (Infuse 5.6.4)

current settings: sort by filename
Collection: Off

sorting works fine on:
Library > Movies

it DOESNā€™T work on:
Library > TV Shows

can you look into it james please?

Infuse will ignore ā€˜Theā€™ when sorting.

This is done by design, and applies to both movies and TV shows.