2/25/2010: Maintenance Update AFTER v4.06???

I noticed today that Maintenance is indicating there is an update (under Manage Plugins), and ALL of the other plugins (under Additional Plugins) have disappeared!!!

I have confirmed that my aTV Flash is v4.0.6 under About and the wiki does not indicate a new update since this one.

I am of course, hesitant to perform the UPDATE under these circumstances.

Anybody else notice this?

Yep, that is normal. Install the update, and all the other plugins will appear again.

I am happy to do that, but before I do: I am curious: Since I am already at ATV 4.06, why do I need to click UPDATE again?

I performed the maintenence update last night. Now I can not see any menu items at all, just a blank screen. The really weird thing is my screen saver works and when I hit the menu button on my remote I can hear the “bong” indicating that it is scrolling across menu items, I just can not see them. Anyone else run into this? My ATV is pretty much useless at this point.

The update will improve the app management on the AppleTV by only showing those applications that are compatible with your particular version.

Are you using an external drive? If so, you may try powering off the AppleTV, powering off the drive, powering on the drive, and powering on the AppleTV.

The update will improve the app management on the AppleTV by only showing those applications that are compatible with your particular version.[/quote]

Again, before I click UPDATE, ATVFiles is very important for me and I know that there is an incompatibility with Internet Radio Streaming Favorites feature of the Apple v3.x software. I do not want to lose ATVFiles.

Can I perform this UPDATE and still retain ATVFiles?

Yes, ATVFiles will still appear when using AppleTV 3.0 - 3.0.2 and the updated version of Maintenance. It will be marked as a beta version as it does have a few known incompatibilities.