1080p BD50 and BD503D .ISO files are not playable

Dear Infuse Developers and All the PowerUsers,

I would like to ask what happened with the ISO file support in Infuse7? I have many ripped BD50 and BD50 3D movies and these ISO files are not playable anymore since Infuse6 got a big update and became Infuse7.
These ISO files was playable before in Infuse 6, however BD50 3D movies are played only in 2D, but this is a known limitation in Infuse. I can live with that.
Contents and related shares remain untouched.
I have BD25 3D and BD25 2D movies as well, but these contents are remained playable after the update. (I did not try every single file, but most of them)

I have a simple AppleTV HD 2017 32Gb with the latest TVOS and Infuse7 yearly subscription.
If I want to play these kind of .ISO files from my SMB (Windows) share, I always got a message: " An error occured loading this content". It seems Infuse never try read these files, just skip them, because I got this message instantly.

I found old, irrelevant topics about this issue so I that’s way I decided to open a new thread to see If others has a similar issue. Infuse7 released around May, but still not opened a topic for it, I hope it is my unique issue which can be solve with some tune in settings.

Thank you for your kindly help in advance,

Regards,
Miklos

AFAIK, there weren’t any changes to ISO file handling in the Infuse 7 update, so there may be something else going on here.

Are all these videos stored in the same folder? Do you notice a correlation between videos which are playable and where they are located on your PC?

Can you replicate this issue and send in a report from your device, so we can investigate this further?

Hi James,

At first, thank you for your quick answer.

Are all these videos stored in the same folder?

Yes, all “BD3D” type .ISO files are stored in a same separated folder which shared via SMB protocol (Windows File Sharing) from my Windows PC. This PC connected with a gigabit ethernet cable to a router and AppleTV also use wired connection (However Gen4 AppleTV HD works better in WiFi. Due to Apple’s weird architecture only 100Mbit allowed in Ethernet, so in case of a high bitrate video I use to switch back to WiFi).
Just an additional info for the SMB: In Infuse, I have tried the “Auto” and other “SMB1, SMB2, SMB3” protocols when I set up my shares. All cause problems in a long term use, sometimes shares are not responded and became unavailable, however other PC-s and Laptops able to read all from a same network, I had to restart the PC or the AppleTV to make it work, but I had never found what is the real problem with that. I use Win10 Pro (always latest build) on that PC. Finally I have decided to set SMB handling back to the “Legacy” mode in Infuse. I have no info what I have lost to use Legacy, but it works, BD50 and BD3D discs are also could have been read in Infuse6.

Do you notice a correlation between videos which are playable and where they are located on your PC?

• All BD3D ISO files are located in a same folder no matter if it is BD253D or BD503D format.
  • Some ISO files are stored in BD253D format, those files remained playable
  • Ordinary BD50 format .ISO files which are located in separated folders and Hard Disk Drives also can remained playable by Infuse/AppleTV.
  • Just to make this question more complicated, yesterday I have found BD503D .ISO files which can be play like before in 2D, so as I suspected originally it is may related to the type of the .ISO file. This collection remained untouched so we used and played them with a same format in Infuse6 times. My PC also running with a same Windows install, only patches install regulary.

Can you replicate this issue and send in a report from your device, so we can investigate this further?

I can replicate it anytime, from iPad, iPhone and from the AppleTV Gen4 HD also running into a same error. I have sent metrics with a code: 7Q9CE. This log has been generated from my iPhone8 with iOS15.0, but If you need more from AppleTV let me know. As I mentioned all iOS device run into a similar error with a similar files.

Thank you in advance,

Have a nice day!

Regards,
Miklos