Can't find series (Watchmen)

Best I can tell, ya just can’t get there from here. I tried every combination and edit I could think of and it won’t pull the correct metadata. Like you, I can get the 2008 thing but that’s way off.

It may just be so new that it hasn’t spread to their search database. I’m going to give it a few days more and see if it wakes up.

EDIT TO ADD: The real kicker is it’s on thetvdb.com here Watchmen - TheTVDB.com There’s just no captain crunch secret decoder ring setting that brings that up as an option in the search.

There’s gotta be some kind of delay for external api searches or something. It doesn’t show up in Infuse even when doing a manual search for “watchmen”. Very annoying.

I’ve had similar problems with a couple of movies in the past, where the title wouldn’t show up, even when searching. This usually was a title what multiple movies share, but adding a year usually did the trick.

Same problem here!

We’re looking into this, but it seems it may be a TVDb issue.

What’s a little weird is you can use the Japanese title in your filenames and it will work.

守望者 S01E01.mkv

Update: This is confirmed to be an issue with the search results provided by TheTVDb.

1 Like

Holy smokes! And I thought I tried some off the wall options of file names when beating on the metadata fetching!!

I tip my hat to the master… I think I’ll wait for the English version to work. LOL

No need to change the file name, just search in Japanese (copy paste) works too.
Thanks!

1 Like

Ok, how did you copy and paste the Japanese characters on the Apple TV?

By copying the text on my iPad, then edited the series on Apple TV, used the iPad as an input device and paste the symbols. This can also be done directly on the iPad/iPhone app ofcourse.

Thanks!

Great tip, thanks!

copy on imac and paste in change metadata on iphone. it works. Thank you

My guess is Infuse (or the TVDB API) finds Watchmen the movie, stops searching for the exact title “Watchmen”, then finds out it is not the TV show.

Thanks for the Japanese workaround :slight_smile:

Also can be found using “watchmen \ :” don’t know why but spotted on different forum, seems to be affecting other tvdb based app lookups.

1 Like

the : isn’t necessary. It came up with the correct title after the \

Thanks ?

1 Like

Why would it be a TVDB issue if Plex scrapes it correctly but Infuse doesn’t?

The metadata manual search has been totally broken in one way or another for years, and has never been fixed, and probably never will. Infuse really should let you be able to perform a fully unfiltered search. Its a complete nightmare trying to find things sometimes.

What I want, is the search to work across both databases, without any kind of filtering. If I type Watchmen, then Infuse should display all search results with that name, from both the TVDB and the Movie DB. I don’t care if someone else has labelled a TV movie as a TV Movie, or a real Movie, I just want Infuse to display all results according to what I have typed in, regardless of what someone at one of these DB companies thinks it actually is. The TV specials genre is bloody awful to try and search through with Infuse, with many being classified as movies, even though they are TV specials… I should not care less which directory I have put my Special of Doctor Who into, I just want Infuse to find the bloody metadata for it, and add it to my library. Why should the directory a file is located in, decide which DB Infuse will search, and more importantly, force ME to search…?

There is nothing worse than that feeling I get when Infuse cannot identify something, and a wasted half an hour later, it ends up being a bug, or the file has to be moved from your TV Shows directory, or vice-versa, in to the Movies folder, as the ONLY way to make it work.

Fair enough.

In this case, especially, you can’t blame Infuse.

I use sickchill to get my TV shows - and it too uses theTVdb to get show info. Could not add Watchmen to it using the usual TVDB.com option at all - but was ablr to use Trakt trending shows to add it to my snynology NAS sickchill setup.

On ATV4k Infuse, searching for 'Watchmen ' does bring up the correct tv show as one of the options, so it’s all good now.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.