Add YADIF (2x) deinterlacing

Hello.
Can you add YADIF (2x) deinterlacing to infuse?
I compared the interlaced video with infuse and MrMC.
As a result, the MrMC set to YADIF (2x) was smoother than infuse.
The yadif of infuse was the same as that of MrMC (half) and was not smooth.
I like the smoothness of YADIF (2x).

28 Likes

+1

+1

+1

Is it possible to get a reaction from Infuse programmers ? What is the difficulty of implementing those deinterlacing options?

Hello, new user here.

I am interested in purchasing a pro or a lifetime subscription… but the lack of yadif2x deinterlacing is the only thing standing in my way.

Really any decent deinterlacing option that won’t throw away half the fields would be fine (NTSC should deinterlace to 59.94fps, PAL should deinterlace to 50fps).

I have a lot of old standard definition fully interlaced content that is essentially unwatchable to me without this type of deinterlacing.

Is there any news or update on this?

Thank you!

This would indeed be great! Does anyone know what “auto” setting for deinterlace really means, does it pick a specific method if it has interlaced content? Is it different for the 4k ATV vs the non 4k since presumably the non 4k is slower?

Is there any chance to get an answer from the developer?

FYI:

https://community.firecore.com/t/yadif-deinterlacing/35481/9

1 Like

So there is a solution to the problem ?

Why don’t they want to add yadif 2.0 to infuse?

It isn’t released yet:

And infuse will want to do it’s own testing before upgrading, if they even use This ffmpeg library to begin with. Who knows what other items changed.

I just got this week an Apple TV 4k and Infuse and really missing the support for a deinterlacer like Yadif 2x.

1080i50 files are only played at 25fps, resulting in jerky motion.

Even bob deint would do the job, anything that would play these videos properly.

Don’t forget that you need to click the like button on the first post in this thread to show your support for this suggestion! :wink:

1 Like

+1

I am watching a 1080i anime series, and with Yadif the movement is a bit jerky, I would appreciate if you could add the Yadif 2x option.

+1

I’d also like to see a smoother YADIF option.

The Channels app has been developing a version of YADIF2x which is optimized for Apple GPUs, using Metal.framework.

We decided to open-source this work so everyone can benefit. The Metal-optimized deinterlacer is now included as part of FFmpeg, and can be used by apps like Infuse once they upgrade to the upcoming FFmpeg 5.0 release.

12 Likes

Is there any news about the inclusion of yadif 2.x in infuse?

3 Likes

Please change the yadif=0 ffmpeg parameter to yadif=1.

Can you please explain it to me step by step what I have to do when I’m sitting in front of my Apple TV?

You can’t do this, only the Infuse developers.