Favourite items duplicated

Hi,

Brand new user here after many years of Kodi and am liking it very much, but just working through a few kinks.

I’ve added an NFS share for my Library, which contains two folders - Movies and TV.
I have individually selected two sub-folder of the NFS share as favourites and called them Movies and TV.

My problem is that when I view the main page, under favourites I now have duplicate entries. Two items for Movies (One blue icon called Movies and one orange icon with a star also called Movies) and two items for TV (One pink called TV shows and the other orange also with a star called TV).

I don’t really want duplicate items on the home page.

Is there any way to hide the orange star favourites (which appear to be file/folder views) and just keep the blue and pink ones (which seem to be the library items with metadata attached)?

I’ve tried unticking in settings, but that just removes the library icon from the favourites list and I’ve also tried unselecting the Movies and TV favourites from the Library, but that has the result that the library appears empty.

Kodi had the option to hide the videos menu from the home screen, which is what I think I’m seeing here.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

I’m still in the yearly trial period at the moment, but based on what I’ve seen if I can resolve this I will cancel in my trial period and purchase a lifetime subscription. Looking forward to what coming in v6 - especially the Hue integration.

Many thanks.

I’m away from home at the moment so cannot check this myself … but if you long press on the icon on the main page does a menu pop up with the option to hide/remove the entry?

Go to the Library favorite, if there is a star next to “Movies” then long press on it and select “Remove Favorite”
If there isn’t a star by it select “Movies” and in the available selections look for the one(s) with stars by them and long press to delete the library favorites you don’t want on the home screen.

Do the same for TV in the Library.

On the home screen, the favorites in orange with the star are the ones you added from shares, the ones that are different colors and have the projector icon or TV icon are favorites added from the library.

Great thanks, also a new user here. I wanted to remove all the standard colourful icons and ONLY have my starred favourites. I will give this a shot tonight!

Thanks guys, that’s awesome. Successfully managed to remove the duplicated items.

Now I just need to work out how to re-order the list as I thought it was alphabetical, but it seems to have a mind of it’s own with regards to ordering when adding a new list.
Also a list view on TV shows would be a big bonus too. Managing them horizontally limits the number of episodes that can be viewed. I don’t even know if changing layouts is possible.

I also managed to stop my library periodically disappearing by changing from SMB3 to NFS. Something about too many open files with SMB3, but I couldn’t find an easy way in OpenMediaVault to increase the number. limits.conf seems to do nothing.

Thanks again.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.